Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear fog light. Importing LH drive to UK

JoeyD

JoeyD

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

I am importing my LH drive drive 2019 VW California from Switzerland to the U.K. and I need to move the fog light to the offside.

I figure I need a new light cluster and I need to switch the wires across. Has anyone done this? Does any have a wiring diagram so I can figure out if there is just a pin I can swap over.

I would like to avoid dismantling the rear door or splicing wires.

Many thanks
Joey.

Hi

I am importing my LH drive drive 2019 VW California from Switzerland to the U.K. and I need to move the fog light to the offside.

I figure I need a new light cluster and I need to switch the wires across. Has anyone done this? Does any have a wiring diagram so I can figure out if there is just a pin I can swap over.

I would like to avoid dismantling the rear door or splicing wires.

Many thanks
Joey.
Can’t help i’m afraid @JoeyD as I have a t6.1 (MY21)
For reference it has a fog light in both rear light clusters.

Can’t help i’m afraid @JoeyD as I have a t6.1 (MY21)
For reference it has a fog light in both rear light clusters.
Do both clusters have bulbs fitted? My T6.1’s clusters appear identical but only the offside is wired and has a bulb. It’s very hard to actually see the bulb unless its lit.

Do both clusters have bulbs fitted? My T6.1’s clusters appear identical but only the offside is wired and has a bulb. It’s very hard to actually see the bulb unless its lit.
Hi @ArunAlec yes both fog lights work on mine.

Yes. It’s a fog light on the near side and reverse on the offside.

IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2951.jpeg

They used to chop and divert the wires when they brought in T4 Westfalia Cali in from Germany. Perhaps not possible these days with all of the added complexity?

Back