Rear Fog Lights.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
On a RHD vehicle, only the Off-side Rear Fog light is wired up and on a LHD only the Near-Side light is wired.
Is it possible to wire both up?
Where do you route the wire to the other side and which coloured wire do you tap into?
Will the wiring cope with 2 bulbs?

done it the past on other car's

Don't think it is legal to have rear fog on both sides....
They might mistake with breaklights....
Correct me if wrong!

Correct me if wrong!
"Regulations in most of the world, including North America, permit vehicles to be equipped with one or two rear fog lamps. If only one rear fog is fitted, it must be on the driver's side of the vehicle. It's safest and best to have just one rear fog, much as it offends the sense of symmetry of those who don't know any better. Having two is legal, but makes it much more difficult for following drivers to see a change in your car's rear lights when you step on the brake. Many vehicles that do come from the factory with rear fog functionality have rear fog optics and sockets on both sides, with only one wired up. This isn't a factory oversight. It's done this way because the "driver's side" of the car varies depending on the country in which the car is sold."
http://dastern.torque.net/Rearfogs/Rearfogs.html

Don't think it is legal to have rear fog on both sides....
They might mistake with breaklights....
Correct me if wrong!
UK regulations state that if 1 is fitted then must be on offside but if 2 fitted then must be matching pair.

Thanks guys for clearing that out , had no clue....it was just something thar popt-up in my mind reading this post.
So two fog lights are ok ...:thumb