Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

rear fog lights

K

kevin lumley

am l right in thinking only one rear fog light on the california,or do l have a bulb out,only noticed other day

Normally only 1 rear fog light on the drivers side.

Thought it worth reopening this old post, having just spent an hour trying to find the fault on my rear nearside fog light!! Teach me not to check this forum first. As above noticed only one fog light working so removed lens cover to establish presence of bulb in fog lamp position

IMG_4370.jpg

Various testing and switching bulbs followed before noticing fog light not wired (position 5 on the plug) despite bulb being fitted

IMG_4371.jpg

Hope this helps anyone new on here since the original 2014 post

Kelvin

Thought it worth reopening this old post, having just spent an hour trying to find the fault on my rear nearside fog light!! Teach me not to check this forum first. As above noticed only one fog light working so removed lens cover to establish presence of bulb in fog lamp position

View attachment 53158

Various testing and switching bulbs followed before noticing fog light not wired (position 5 on the plug) despite bulb being fitted

View attachment 53159

Hope this helps anyone new on here since the original 2014 post

Kelvin
Never checked personally, but I presume you mean there is No wire in the loom rather than No connection on the circuit board socket?

Hi WelshGas yes certainly no connection and no obvious wire in the loom that could be connected

In most of European (possibly all EU) only one rear fog light is permitted this is usually carried on through to UK with VW/Audi group BMW Merc etc.
UK has 2 permitted, sometimes as simple as adding a bulb but with the Canbus light bulb detection an error can come up if one is simply put in.

If a UK spec single right hand fog was being registered in a LHD Country the fog light would have to be relocated to the left, centre of road.