Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear high level brake light lens/cover

nomadicmedic2005

nomadicmedic2005

VIP Member
Mine's fallen off. No idea where or when.

The light works fine but concerned re the potential problems that water getting into the door will do.

I've had a look around for replacement lenses but it seems you can only buy the entire light.

I would hope it would covered by warranty but if I could get a lens to clip on that would probably be less hassle.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

nomadicmedic2005 said:
Mine's fallen off. No idea where or when.

The light works fine but concerned re the potential problems that water getting into the door will do.

I've had a look around for replacement lenses but it seems you can only buy the entire light.

I would hope it would covered by warranty but if I could get a lens to clip on that would probably be less hassle.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

This light is a total nightmare.
Just a bit of bad design.

You'll need to buy the whole unit, I think.

VW at its very best, eh? :sad

I too have just noticed my cover fell off my 2.5 year old van on journey home last night. Dealer has said it will be done under warranty ( whole unit) and that she had somebody in last week with the same problem....

Mines in this Wednesday for a new light/rear Blind and full rear blind door surrounds due to water marks on the blind :thumb

Yep.

Mine fell off. Replaced under warranty.

Wish they would do the same with the case of wine that fell out when I opened the side door this afternoon :sad

Mines just fallen off as well, as I was driving along the motorway (I happened to be looking at the rear screen, as I could see water drops that seemed on the inside then I glanced the red lens fly off. It was raining so rear hatch is soaked!

Just calling VW Can centre now...

Mine popped out and was replaced under warranty last year but my van was in at VW Edinburgh last week and the unit was replaced under recall, presume all now will have the old units replaced with this new improved version.