Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear light wireing loom socket/plug

A

Arnieardbits

Hello all, i have a T5 Cali. Water has got into the rear light cluster and rusted the 6 terminals. I have found the 5 bulb connection unit 7E5.945.257, but I need the wire loom connector as well. Any ideas where i can get one? Thanks

Hello all, i have a T5 Cali. Water has got into the rear light cluster and rusted the 6 terminals. I have found the 5 bulb connection unit 7E5.945.257, but I need the wire loom connector as well. Any ideas where i can get one? Thanks
I suspect the VW solution is a loom replacement! @Loz may be able to help. Maybe a scrap yard job, then splice the “new connector“ to the existing wiring.

I believe there are some threads on the T5 forum discussion regarding this exact issue, it’s a relatively common problem with the T5 that only becomes apparent when the light fails, from memory a splice is an option , replacing the loom is a much bigger job. And not a simple straight forward job.
Can the exiting contacts be cleaned up ?

the contacts have completely rusted away. happy to splice in, but need the connector. Thanks

From memory the problem is the loom is one continuous link from the front fuse box, I,e. No serviceable part or removable connectors