Rear Parking sensor permanently sounds when in reverse!

P

paddymounter

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have disconnected all of the sensors and it still sounds!

Does anyone know how do you get to the right rear speaker for the reversing sensor under the lower back RH internal trim on a VW T5 california?

Any help with snsor issuse or how to remove the panel gratefully received

Paddy

Did the T5 have indication on the radio display of the sectors that were being triggered? If so that should give a clue as to which sensor is faulty and replacing that might fix the problem. Even if you cant identify the one in error replacement sensors dont cost that much (< £25 for 4 on ebay or Amazon). Would need to be painted to match the bumper probably.

I have disconnected all of the sensors and it still sounds!

Does anyone know how do you get to the right rear speaker for the reversing sensor under the lower back RH internal trim on a VW T5 california?

Any help with snsor issuse or how to remove the panel gratefully received

Paddy
Hi Paddy,

Did you manage to get to the problem with your parking sensors. I have a similar issue with my 2007 Cali with factory fit sensors.
I've cleaned the outside of the sensors with spray electrical cleaner and tried wd40 but that didn't work.
ie : ignition on, select reverse ( tiptronic autobox) rear beepers sound continuously.
Nothing showing on vcds, front and back sensors can be hear clicking when I kneel in front and put my ear against them.
Deselect reverse and beepers stay on !

Did you manage to find where the beeper is in the back behind the trim panel ?
I can hear it loud when I open the tailgate its somewhere around the gas bottle compartment or the rear battery compartment. ???

I'm begining the think the beeper itself in the back has a fault ??

Tried all the obvious things and curiously nothing on vcds.

How did you sort yours ?

Thanks

dfps

Back