Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear passenger flooring

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I am looking for recommendations regarding flooring in passenger area where I can start to see scratchesvon the rails and floor on my new calj ocean with mud etc. I am thinking one piece of rubber mat or vinyl in coin pattern cut to size. My thoughts are

1. Rubber, smells?
  2. Vinyl slips around?
  3. Is it a good idea to cut around rails? This then leaves them susceptible to scratching and stuff getting inside.
  4. Carpet, my least favoured option?
  5. Anyone know of a good source to buy this? Ideally i am looking to match the original flooring underneath (coin pattern)
Has anyone researched this and give me thoughts links to a good website, been researching for most of the weekend.

Regards,

Mike

Probably not quite what your after, but if you watch a bus and beyond on YouTube, they bought a cheap patterned bath mat from lidl. It stops liquid and dust, can roll up for moving the seats, be taken out to shake the dirt off and is cheap.

I have a bath mat rug, not a cheap one, being made to deal with the wet and a 'shaggy design, it traps dirt well. a shake and hoover is all that's been required over a few years.

We had a brandrup carpet but it got dirty too quickly especially in the winter.

Switched it for the rubber one from the club shop. You can just about see it in the photo; Stank initially and smell was very overpowerbut washed with vinegar/ water mix, left it outside in the garden for a couple of weeks and smell has now gone!

You can still slide the bench with no issues.

50E06D0B-0C70-4761-87FB-AF4D70E24B7B.jpeg

Back