Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali flooring

Listersbox

Listersbox

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone!

My first post woohoo!

Now just wondering if anybody has changed or altered their flooring in any way?
Our Cali has the normal beige flooring, a colour I'm not too keen on. Light coloured floors seem to gather all sorts of dirt and muck and proudly displays them....

So I'm looking for an alternative floor solution.
I carry all sorts of mucky things like dogs, bikes, muddy shoes, paddlebaords etc and don't want to have to wash the floor after every outing.

I thought about replacing the whole floor to change for a black version, but I'm guessing the kitchen etc will have to be removed to fit it in.

So I was thinking if I buy some rubber matting like this: http://www.slip-not.co.uk/productdetail/Non-Slip-Diamond-Tread-Safety-Flooring-Heavy-Duty that i could fix it to the floor somehow and protect the one underneath.
I am worried about clearance of the seats however. Will the 3mm thickness snag with the seats moving backwards and forwards?
I would also be looking to cover the whole floor with the rubber, one piece from boot all the way to under the pedals.

What do you fine people think?

Thanks!!!!!

Hi and welcome.
Remove the current floor and replace it would indeed mean taking out the kitchen unit ...it is one unit in it's whole when they fit it in the factory...
Placing new floor on top could work cutting arround the floorrails and kitchenunit.
The clearance on the rearseat would be not that big problem as there are mats where the seat rolls over without any problem a few mm should work fine.

Last edited:
OK I have done exactly as you described - got some 3mm rubber matting and made a template and cut a rubber over mat - right through to the boot. It works really well and the chairs do clear the matting. I will try and put up a picture sometime - make sure you buy rubber on the roll that is wide enough.

Make sure your template is good - I used cardboard. Measure twice - cut once as a wise old person once said.

I used this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JI27FJA/?tag=eliteelect-21

It's not too difficult if you approach it logically - much cheaper than aftermarket sets too.

That's awesome! Thank you! You're both geniuses haha!
Would love to see some pics if possible!!

Thanks again!

Also, what did you use to secure it in place?
Did you lift up the seating rails to slide underneath? Is that even possible?
How did you fit it round the kitchen units? Any curl ups or is it possible to slide it underneath?
Sorry for all the questions!
Thank you!

No problems, I'll try and take some pictures today. I cut it to the edge of the rails and slid it under the seats. Being rubber it was heavy enough to stay put - I did not want to glue onto the original floor.

Great job to both of you! Now that's good fitting! Let's hope mine turns out like that haha.
Thanks again!

Help. I have an Ocean on order and keep reading about two or three rails. Will mine (Week 21 Production) have two or three floor rails? Why the difference?

Thanks

Help. I have an Ocean on order and keep reading about two or three rails. Will mine (Week 21 Production) have two or three floor rails? Why the difference?

Thanks
4 Motion two rails. All others three unless you opt for only two. By default three. 4 Motion has two so can only have 4 seats (weight issue) and not five. Three rail has option for five seats rather than 4. So unless you ordered 4 Motion or option of only two rails you will have 3 rails. Simples.

Mike

Great jobs, really neat, well done Fast Freddie and Cannondale. I've been looking to replace the carpet and either of these solutions would suit our van. Cheers guys.

What have people done with the central gearbox tunnel slightly in front/between the front seats? - my carpet is looking a bit mucky after the muddy spring.

I have Brandrup carpet in the middle & boot (with occasional similar lino overlay to the above) and rubber Monster mats up front, but the gearbox tunnel is very exposed to drivers left foot & passengers right.

Back