Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Roof Trim Damaged

S

smeagol1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
I have damaged the roof trim just behind the real roof cupboard/shelf in my Ocean...aaargh!!

I contacted VW Van Centre (Liverpool), from where I bought it. I have been quoted £322 to have it replaced (incl. £125 for 1 hour's labour!).

Does anybody know where I can get a second hand one... or.... somewhere cheaper than the £200 quoted!

As a last resort I can remove the trim and repair it ....... I guess it is just a case of removing the rear roof cupboard first?

(NOTE: the image below is not of my bus, just a stock photo I used to illustrate where the damage was to VW Liverpool).

Thanks
Stephen...

California Ocean - Rear Trim Damage.jpg

Not sure how big or small your hole is but £200 for the trim !! How about putting a speaker or a light where the hole is?

Hi,
I have damaged the roof trim just behind the real roof cupboard/shelf in my Ocean...aaargh!!

I contacted VW Van Centre (Liverpool), from where I bought it. I have been quoted £322 to have it replaced (incl. £125 for 1 hour's labour!).

Does anybody know where I can get a second hand one... or.... somewhere cheaper than the £200 quoted!

As a last resort I can remove the trim and repair it ....... I guess it is just a case of removing the rear roof cupboard first?

(NOTE: the image below is not of my bus, just a stock photo I used to illustrate where the damage was to VW Liverpool).

Thanks
Stephen...

View attachment 86446
If you share some pics of the damage, some guys on here might throw up some ingenious suggestions

If you share some pics of the damage, some guys on here might throw up some ingenious suggestions
Thanks guys for the responses. I think I'm going to have a go at repairing As you can see from the photo of the actual crack, it pushes back quit nicely. I will epoxy the facing contact area, then re-inforce with some glass fibre resin. Hopefully this should do the trick or it's the sticker or light option.
Firstly.... how hard is it to remove the rear cupboard shelf

20211109_080839.jpg

20211109_080823.jpg

20211109_080820.jpg

20211109_080745.jpg

I would look into the light option, failing that, a sticker.

It might be worth talking to a kitchen worktop repairer. They do some pretty good work on damaged kitchens and are familiar with plastic repairs.

if the rear face is smooth ? Use a piece of rigid plastic, cut it larger than the affected area & bond it to the back face, that way you reinforce the crack and ensure the front face is unaffected and flush with the surrounding plastic .
Carefully Clamping the front face with a peice of wood etc will ensure a flush finish and provide something to push the reinforcement against whilst the glue setts
A hot glue gun or similar should work fine

Thanks guys for the responses. I think I'm going to have a go at repairing As you can see from the photo of the actual crack, it pushes back quit nicely. I will epoxy the facing contact area, then re-inforce with some glass fibre resin. Hopefully this should do the trick or it's the sticker or light option.

View attachment 86531

View attachment 86532

View attachment 86533

View attachment 86534
Oh my! Are we allowed to ask how that happened? Something that we need to be mindful of? Good luck with the repair though.

View attachment 86531

View attachment 86532

View attachment 86533

View attachment 86534
Just fit one of these, 2 if necessary to give balance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088ZWR5TG/?tag=eliteelect-21

Back