Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seat hinge

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I've just found out that the rear seat squab is hinged at the front and lifts up. The amount of lift is pretty limited as its restricted by a strap on the kitchen end of the seat. The strap can be unscrewed but doesn't make much difference. This would be a really handy alternative way to get into the drawer if it could be made to lift further. The limiting factor seems to be the plastic trim across the seat front over the drawer.
Anyone come across this before, there doesn't appear to any mention in the handbook.

I've now taken the small trim off the seat front and the squab now lifts all the way up so we can get at the drawer contents from the top even if the seat is fully forward.
P1160179small_zps5512783d.jpg
The trim is fairly easy to remove, take the screw from the strap at the kitchen end of the seat.
Remove the two grey plastic trim plugs that can be seen on the black steel rail at the seat front
(I've replaced them after moving the trim) and then gently pull the trim away from the front.
The seat will then lift fully.
P1160177small_zpsbbabc9dc.jpg
The trim removed showing the white plastic push fit trim buttons that hold it to the steel rail.

Attachments

• P1160179small_zps5512783d.jpg
    P1160179small_zps5512783d.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1
  • P1160177small_zpsbbabc9dc.jpg
    P1160177small_zpsbbabc9dc.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1
Back