Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reccomendations for Adult campsites between Zaragoza and Valencia ( Early October )!

• Thread starter Cameraman in a Campervan
  • Start date
Cameraman in a Campervan

Cameraman in a Campervan

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi everyone , I’m new to this so forgive me if I have made a mistake!

We’re heading to Menorca early October in our T6 California Ocean 4motion! ( with no diff lock lol )

We’re getting the ferry from Plymouth to Santander, then driving to Valencia to get another ferry to Menorca I have done a lot of driving holidays across Spain previously but never in a campervan!

Are there any ‘ must stay ‘ campsites along that route that are preferably 4 or 5 star and Adult only? We can compromise if needed!

Also any places you advise to visit!
Huge thanks in advance Simon & Luke !

Hi,

My favorite is Camping Las Corralizas in Bronchales, the highest camping in Spain and has an excellent restaurant.

Also Camping los Álamos, near Alcalá de la Selva.

Don’t miss a visit to Teruel if you have time, lovely city with excellent examples of Mudejar art.

Hi,

My favorite is Camping Las Corralizas in Bronchales, the highest camping in Spain and has an excellent restaurant.

Don’t miss a visit to Teruel if you have time, lovely city with excellent examples of Mudejar art.
I am thinking of going to Teruel in November. Do you know if there is parking in the centre that is Ok with the van, not camping. Teruel looks interesting.

The train station parking, it is open (no underground). From there 5 min walking to the city center through a staircase or an elevator.
Thank you. It is useful to have someone with local knowledge on this site. I hope to have at least the afternoon to look around. I will be driving from Madrid, my husband will fly to UK from there and as I know a hotel in Madrid I will spend the night there. I can see that it looks like a 3 hour drive to Teruel the next day. I have considered the route via Cuenca but been there a few times so via A2 looks good. I have stayed in the Parador in Teruel at least 6 times but never been into the city so now is a good opportunity. We stayed there November 2020 , we were the only guests and the staff were very helpful but due to covid could no go into the city.

I also have a good memory of the first time I stayed at the parador and ended up lost in the city, concentrating on driving not viewing, I was helped by 2 kind gentlemen from a driving school who suggested I followed them so they could show we where to go.

From Teruel I am going to Calpe, I do not have to get there quicky so any suggestions for detours to visit would be good. I know a hotel in Valencia I could stay on route but no need to visit Valencia as such as again this is a favourite place and know it well. Also know where to stay in Albacete. Any idea if N330 from Teruel to Albacete is any good in November?

Hi,

Yes , it looks very beautiful , thankyou for that suggestion !

Hi,

Thanks so much Scabrero, these places both look ideal and Tereul looks very beautiful , this is exactly what I hoped for , thankyou so much Si .

Hi Simon - sounds like an amazing trip, I would love to do something similar :)
I don’t know about campsites, but if not in a hurry you could avoid the motorway, taking the N roads and visit places like Morella. Along the coast north of Valencia you have the likes of Peñiscola and Benicàssim. Just south of Valencia you have the Albufera and then if you want a good paella, El Palmar is the place to go. :thumb

Try signing up to ACSI camping card. There are literally hundreds of sites in those parts of Spain you are travelling through. the maximum you will pay is €23 for a site with hookup. The app is fantastic and once on your phone or iPad can be viewed offline. Gives you coordinates and reviews. costs about €18 for a full year but it’s January to January . We have done it for 8 years and never regretted it. The discounts are for off-season only.

Back