Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommandations south of Poland

BrugseB

BrugseB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
As half of my friends and collegues are heading north to Norway/Sweden, we were thinking of an alternative: Poland. There are some old treads on Auschwits but looking for some more suggestions on region and campersites.

We stayed for a night at Camping Nr 33 "Tramp" just across the river from Torun which is a nice historical town. Then went north to the coast at stayed at Sopot 34 which is handy for Gdansk. This was 4-years ago so presumably not much has changed.

We stayed for a night at Camping Nr 33 "Tramp" just across the river from Torun which is a nice historical town. Then went north to the coast at stayed at Sopot 34 which is handy for Gdansk. This was 4-years ago so presumably not much has changed.
Although I guess that is North Poland !

Nobody? Still looking for some nice camping spots and advice on walks in one of the National Parks & cycling.

My experience in Poland is limited, but one place I can really recommend is Bieszczady National Park. Beautiful nature and if it's walking and cycling you are looking for, you will not be diasppointed. I knew little about Poland before I went there and to my surprise the villages were beautiful and reminded me of France. We stayed near the town of Lesko. The San river flows in that area and is nice. I wasn't camping so can't comment on camp sites.

Hello there!
I hope the mods won't be too upset if I reply here before formal introductions.
I stayed (with a tent, but I would love to visit again with the Cali) at the Camper Park in Radkow.
Pretty basic campsite - they could benefit from another toilet/showers block, but it gets the job done. Big plus, it's basically next to the trails that go up the mountains in Stolowe National Park.
Enjoy your trip!

only just seen this thread so will try and jump in as we live in Poland. The camping is mixed, some great sites and some that are just packed so a bit of research needed. Can supply a couple of sites close to Wrocław that would be options. We tend to use small hotels which offer great value.

if you are focusing on south of Poland, suggest you start with Jelina Gora, the Karkonosze Mountains (car-can-osher), lots of old castles, great treking and MTB options, Wroclaw is worth a day, then head to Krakow which is another great spot and gives access to Auschwitz.

I will find a few links and send them over for parks, treks and days out, some hidden gems that are worth a visit.

I spent a few days in Zakopane in south of Poland for a work conference , lovely mountains for hiking in the National park. I managed to slip off one afternoon for a hike.

Camping Forteca is a great family friendly campsite, run by a Dutch man and his Polish wife.

About an hour south of Wrocław, and the same distance to the Czechia border.

Camping Forteca is a great family friendly campsite, run by a Dutch man and his Polish wife.

About an hour south of Wrocław, and the same distance to the Czechia border.

That's one of the sites we stayed on. Couldn't agree more!
In most of the tourist information centers you can get a free map with all the campings in Poland. Very handy!

some feedback on our trip to the south of Poland (for Dutch speeking people and those handy with google translate!)
https://carobart.wordpress.com/2023/02/05/polen-part-1-2022/
Ssshh keep it secret! Great write up. The salt mine is very impressive to visit, and recognised a few pictures. Still lots more to see for the next visit, and a very active Cali community. Worth going north to Gdańsk and the tri-city area as well if you get a chance.

Ssshh keep it secret! Great write up. The salt mine is very impressive to visit, and recognised a few pictures. Still lots more to see for the next visit, and a very active Cali community. Worth going north to Gdańsk and the tri-city area as well if you get a chance.
some feedback on our trip to the south of Poland (for Dutch speeking people and those handy with google translate!)
https://carobart.wordpress.com/2023/02/05/polen-part-1-2022/
I really enjoyed this! Part 2, Please?