Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for best campsites in East of England

R

rrollins

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Recommendations please for the best campsites in the East of England ideally on the coast to make sure the try before you buy weekend goes well with all the family!?

I stopped at the CC site just South of Lowestoft.

Nice pub on the corner, nice restaurant next to the nice pub, nice fish and chip shop van calls in.

The campsite at Southwold harbour is pretty good. It's run by the council so it is fairly basic, but the facilities are clean (at least last time I stayed). Better, in my view, than staying on one of the big camping parks that have pools and bars for a more authentic camping experience. They don't have many hookups, but you shouldn't need one for a weekend.

Big bonuses: it's practically on the beach outside the town, within easy walking distance of Southwold pier and shops. If you walk up the harbour you'll find one of the best fish and chip shops in East Anglia and there's a pretty good pub a bit further on. Some goods walks as well.

http://www.southwoldcamping.com/ (The website is pretty rubbish, but it's part of the charm for me. I'd phone them).

Haw Wood Farm is very acceptable, and has brand new toilets and play area, or Cliff House at Dunwich which has direct access to the beach, but can be expensive in high season!!

There might be an incredibly brilliant site opening in the Skeggy area in possibly 4 months time .....

but still a closely guarded secret :D