Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for Cali insurance in Germany?

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I have a job offer in Germany (actually Hannover funnily enough). Its clear who are the better Campervan insurers in UK but I'm not familiar with the German market. Can anyone recommend companies to contact to get quotes?

I have a job offer in Germany (actually Hannover funnily enough). Its clear who are the better Campervan insurers in UK but I'm not familiar with the German market. Can anyone recommend companies to contact to get quotes?
There is a German member (Bart) now on this forum who may be able to point you in the right direction. Failing that try the German forum, they are a helpful lot.

German Insurance will be more expensive as it covers any driver and no such thing as 'Act of God/Nature' exclusions. I'm referring back decades. Any driver is because if you fall ill or injured someone else must be able to drive, seems obvious but in UK you're stranded with a named driver. only.

Better info here

Not sure about Germany but France don't recognise UK Driving Licence if resident there. After 6 months need to sit a full Theory and Driving Test.
Might be an EU wide issue?

Hi,

we have our California T5.2 as a camper van insured by the KRAVAG. I did not compared it with many other insurance companies but people in the German forum are quite happy with them.
I think they are not the cheapest but pay if you need them.
For us it was not only important to have the cheapest but also have "good" conditions, and here I mean do they pay "the damage" without hassle .

Bart

Back