Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for South or North Devon

Suggest limiting to 2 sites, and stay 2 nights on one site, as many don’t let you in till 12 or 1., and pack up by 11. If you overnight in one and chill for the day, come back and bbq etc - most sites allow disposable bbqs and provide bricks to lift off the grass., or cook on the stove. That should give a good experience.

Is it frowned upon to drive off campsites during the day to visit places and then come back? I‘ve googled campsite etiquette but can’t find any mention of this whether it’s allowed or not.

Is it frowned upon to drive off campsites during the day to visit places and then come back? I‘ve googled campsite etiquette but can’t find any mention of this whether it’s allowed or not.
No, its fine. Locals will love you if are spending cash in the local area.

Thank you, didn’t know if other campers didn’t like movement of vehicles during the day unless arriving or leaving.
Never had a problem with it. Some sites ask you to leave a little "Reserved" sign for your pitch, whilst you're out. Just check if the site has a gate curfew if you're out very late.

Thank you, didn’t know if other campers didn’t like movement of vehicles during the day unless arriving or leaving.
Many sites have a policy of no vehicle movements between certain hours, usually 11pm to 7am. Check on arrival. Where there’s a gate they’ll give you a fob or code to get back in, as they expect people to go out and about, be it campervan, Motorhome, car or bike. We‘ll sometimes plan our stays around visiting nature reserves, NT properties etc., and sometimes events such as concerts, gigs and garden shows. It’s one of the many joys - a hotel bed on four wheels!

I looked at Ruda, but some of the reviews on the toilets and showers don’t make pleasant reading! Any CC members got any thoughts? Looks like it might hav e it’s fair share of “yobs” on busy weekends as well?

Another one in north Devon is Warcombe Farm near Mortehoe/Woolacombe, good facilities, nice big pitches, on coast path with good walks in various directions. There's a lovely walk down to Lee Bay where there's a beach and a pub in the village. I think the walk is about twenty or twenty five minutes, mostly paths off road.

Think we'll be booking this site for two nights and then the last night at Dulverton. I've emailed Warcombe just with a few questions.