Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for Tow bar fitting

O

Oz548

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good Afternoon All,
I’ve a GC600 4 berth and we do enjoy the odd bike ride. On our last T6 Cali we had the bike carrier.
I’m very reluctant to have holes drilled into the van to get a door mounted bike carrier.

Does anyone or has anyone experience of after market tow bar fitting on a Grand? I’m looking to obtain a Thule 4 bike carrier for tow bar, and reckon I’ll need electrics included in the retro fit.

Any pointers would be appreciated
Oz

Hi I have not got the van yet but have already got a towbar ready from PF Jones (VW4559). Fitting the towbar looks straightforward, few bolts to chassis. Electrics will be tricky part, may want to take it to PF Jones or similar. I’ll have a go as I ordered with towbar electronics prep so should be easy enough. Not sure if my Thule VeloSpace rack will foul with the rear doors when tiled but maybe ok as the ball has a high and low position on the bar.

Towbar looks like this
b9127ca486306192086b0bf18e061252.jpg

One the can arrives I’ll take photos of the fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s great - I’ll keep a weather eye out to see how you go

Hi I have not got the van yet but have already got a towbar ready from PF Jones (VW4559). Fitting the towbar looks straightforward, few bolts to chassis. Electrics will be tricky part, may want to take it to PF Jones or similar. I’ll have a go as I ordered with towbar electronics prep so should be easy enough. Not sure if my Thule VeloSpace rack will foul with the rear doors when tiled but maybe ok as the ball has a high and low position on the bar.

Towbar looks like this
b9127ca486306192086b0bf18e061252.jpg

One the can arrives I’ll take photos of the fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi @c4s2rs6 let me know how you get on once it is fitted, especially whether the doors can be opened fully when tilted.

Back