Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reduce size of multi board in Beach?

YOLO

YOLO

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I am a solo traveller and would like to increase the space behind the front seats when the downstairs bed is set up. I wondered is there a way of replacing the multiboard and frame for one that is half the size, allowing me to push the seat further back before setting up as a bed? I don’t need the bed to be so long as I’m only 5”3 Please can you advise Xx

In the 3 seater Beach, it has a hinge so part of it can fold down. Could be worth a try if it's a 3 seater you have

Hi Stuart, thank you for your reply but I have a two seater Beach. I am desperate to find a solution and had hoped somebody here might have the answer. Fingers crossed!

may be some help

may be some help
Thank you! The problem is that the frame is as deep as the board, so reducing the board size isn't an option. I really need to find the metal frames that are 36cm high and about 40 cm deep to support a board reduced to 40cms deep too. Am I fighting a losing battle
The information you sent was very interesting. Thank you again

Hi Stuart, thank you for your reply but I have a two seater Beach. I am desperate to find a solution and had hoped somebody here might have the answer. Fingers crossed!
Yes is the answer. I've swapped my "multiflex" in my 2 seat Beach for a frame made from Unistrut, the bolt together stuff used by electricians. Keep forgetting to take pictures or post details. It looks better than it sounds.

In essence I have a quick release, removeable, hinged at the bench end board that is strong and height adjustable. I can use the boot full height or just fold the board down. Keep meaning to add a strut so bed can have a raised lounging position like in the newer model. Just like VW should have made. Circa £50 or so.

No reason why you couldn't do a narrower/custom version to suit your needs. I'll add some pics soon.

Oh this is very interesting!! Pleeeease could you post photos. I really hope to be able to demonstrate to someone what it is that I actually want. Photos would be such a help. Cheers and thanks a million!

Looking at mine I think you could reduce the depth of the board by about 14cm by cutting just the top longitudinal rail of the frame so that it’s directly above the base.
To reduce by more an engineering company could cut a section out of the middle of the frame legs and then re weld the sections together ( or make an internal splint maybe)
What were your thoughts on the storage box? I don’t think that will slide back any further than it does now as its an L section at the base to fit around the side moulding. If you reduced the board depth as a full width straight cut then there will be a big hole in the bed between the reduced multiflex and storage box. Would be better in my opinion to only reduce the board depth across the width of the bench seat. Only one side of frame would need to be changed then as well.

Hey Owen, some good thoughts there!
Thanks for that. Now to try and find somebody to help me with your suggestions.

You could always remove it altogether? Or someone like Slidepods could probably make you something in a colour of your choice.

Oh this is very interesting!! Pleeeease could you post photos. I really hope to be able to demonstrate to someone what it is that I actually want. Photos would be such a help. Cheers and thanks a million!

Posted as it's own thread. Hope it helps

Posted as it's own thread. Hope it helps
Very interesting, would love something like this for our Beach, thanks for sharing :thumb

Back