Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Regional meets

B

Barefoot62

Is there such a thing as a regional California owners club meeting / get together if so is there one in the Midlands/Northwest :thanks

Exactly as Lee says, if ANYONE out there wants to help us arrange the regional meets for Cali members please let Kev or myself know and we will do as much as we can to help organise and promote it for you.

Martin said:
Exactly as Lee says, if ANYONE out there wants to help us arrange the regional meets for Cali members please let Kev or myself know and we will do as much as we can to help organise and promote it for you.

Cheers Martin :)

The only problem I have at the moment is time,and it seems to me that anybody who is anybody on this forum tend to live in the south :help

Barefoot62 said:
The only problem I have at the moment is time,and it seems to me that anybody who is anybody on this forum tend to live in the south :help

But not the South West... :headbang :lol:

KernowLad said:
Barefoot62 said:

Hopefully that will be changing in a few weeks/months time !

KernowLad said:
Barefoot62 said:

I'd love a meet in the South West - lets not get carried away - Devon or Dorset :) :):)

James

Well James if you organise a meet in the South west then I will come and meet you! And hopefully by then my Beach will have arrived :thumb

Apart from finding a venue what would I have to do IF I were to organise a meet :help

Well it will depend if you are organising an afternoon meet on a Sunday say in a pub car park
Or a weekend get together at a campsite. If its an afternoon meet you will need to find a decent pub with a good car park. Always worth giving the pub a ring and explain the situation and point out you will be buying drinks and possibly food and an indication of how many :thumb
If you want to camp choose a suitable campsite and ring them up explain you want a Little gathering and ask to be put together see what they say. You may get a few campsites that are not happy as soon as you mention vw camper :laugh2 :laugh2 it does help to explain that Cali owners tend to be quieter than other types of vw owners I'm sure you will find a decent campsite if you look. I don't think there is anything else you would need to do :thumb apart from announce it on here

Just to add to what Kev has said, when you speak to the campsite you should be able to negotiate a discount if there are a certain number of units coming, also keep us informed by email and we can get it announced and put on the meets calendar. If you need any help just give me a shout

Thanks for your help and advise I'll look into finding a venue(have a couple in mind) and will keep you posted :thanks

How many meets do you all currently have per year?

When camping do 'Californiers' generally prefer hook up facilities and toilet blocks or can they go without? How many Campers could you expect if arranging a weekend regional meet? And does one prefer a pub/eating house nearby or not? :thanks :help

Barefoot62 said:
When camping do 'Californiers' generally prefer hook up facilities and toilet blocks or can they go without?
Not so much hook up as a Cali can survive for around 3-4 without an power but from experience we do prefer facilities at meets.

How many Campers could you expect if arranging a weekend regional meet?
This is always an unknown, at COTF we hoped for around 25 Cali's, however 120 turned up! I guess a small regional meet will be between 5-20 vans depending on the time of year. If you are holding it at a CL or similar you can always put a limit on the amount of people that can attend.

And does one prefer a pub/eating house nearby or not? :thanks :help
Some do - some don't .. but if the meet is out of season where you won't be sitting outside in the evening, having a pub nearby is always going to be a bonus.

Hope this helps.

Another Midlander (Sutton Coldfield) here Barefoot, Midlands/North West meet sounds like a great idea - when are you organising it? :D

Cali_Freaks said:
Another Midlander (Sutton Coldfield) here Barefoot, Midlands/North West meet sounds like a great idea - when are you organising it? :D

ditto

Maybe anyone that is interested in RegionalMeets ie midlands/northwest should make themselves known and we could all meet at a suitable place to arrange a weekend 'bash'? :thumb

I've been thinking about organising a weekend meet sometime in April/May has anybody else got any ideas about where we could have this? I've tried some local campsites but they don't seem to be very interested on the idea of several like minded Califonia owners meeting on their premises. Any ideas would be appriciated :thanks

Barefoot62 said:
I've been thinking about organising a weekend meet sometime in April/May has anybody else got any ideas about where we could have this? I've tried some local campsites but they don't seem to be very interested on the idea of several like minded Califonia owners meeting on their premises. Any ideas would be appriciated :thanks

We have had this a lot when looking for venues, they normally turn their noses up as soon as you mention VW !!! Best thing to do is possibly find somewhere with a small rally field. If you need any help please let me know.

Back