Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remoska Tria

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a Grand Ramoska that I’ve never taking campervanning for several reasons. One being that we’re not often on EHU and another is that I’m a pretty chaotic, messy cook and can’t imagine how I’d stay safe with the very hot element in such a large lid!

Anyway, the big ole gal (the cooker, not me) is pretty old and seen lots of service (actually, just like me) and is showing her age and degrading a bit (no comment). So I thought I’d get a new one.

Thinking about the van I’ve chosen the newer Tria, rather than just a smaller version. It has 3 lids:
  • a toughened glass lid to use it as a regular stovetop pan or regular oven casserole
  • a pressure cooker lid for use on a stovetop (low pressure so it won’t be as good as a regular pressure cooker, but handy for speeding up a cook and saving fuel)
  • standard Remoska lid containing the element to use it as an oven
Waiting for it to arrive, fingers crossed for today.

Have any of you guys got a Tria? If so, what do you think of it and do you have any hints/tips?

I’ve been wondering about getting one for the Eriba. I’d be interested to hear how you get in with it.

We have used a Remoska in our van for years. A great but if kit. Sausage and onions, roast meat and veg, all sort of curries, fish and chips (watch out for the smell, only in the summer with all the doors open), bread, cakes, scones, bacon & eggs. Very pleased with ours. To speed things up we sometimes put the pan on the gas hog (low gas flame) and use the heated lid. Works well.

We have used a Remoska in our van for years. A great but if kit. Sausage and onions, roast meat and veg, all sort of curries, fish and chips (watch out for the smell, only in the summer with all the doors open), bread, cakes, scones, bacon & eggs. Very pleased with ours. To speed things up we sometimes put the pan on the gas hog (low gas flame) and use the heated lid. Works well.
They’re great aren’t they. About 15 years ago a friend gave me one. She’d been working as a cleaner for an old lady whou’d had one in the back of her cupboard for years. By coincidence I was telling her I was thinking about buying one and she got it out and said “what, one of these, I’ve never used it, you can have it.” It was a standard size with a glass in the lid.

Some years later I dropped the lid and the glass smashed so I went to Lakeland to ask if I could get some new glass to repair it. It was in the days when they did a lifetime guarantee so they said I could have a replacement. I felt a bit of a fraud so explained the story of how I acquired it and that I’d not actually brought it myself. They said that was fine and I could have a replacement. So I got a brand new standard one and they let me keep the old base pan and stand.

A couple of years later it got a fault in the cable connection at the pan handle so they replaced that one too. As I used it a lot I paid the difference and got a Grand sized one (they threw in a rack for free). The all metal, non glass, lids had just come out, which I thought would be better, but actually turned out not to be.

I still have the Grand, which I use about 3 times a week at home, but it’s showing it’s age and some of the non sick coating in the lid is starting to peel. That’s why I thought I’d get the Tria.

Shame they still don’t do the no quibble life time guarantee as I could have had a replacement Grand as well as buying the Tria! Customer service sure ain’t what it used to be!

Hey Wildcamper, do you have a standard one?

We’re not often on lecci hookup, but when we are I think it may be usefull as an oven (although I usually use my charcoal Cobb as an oven outdoors).

Can you give me any tips on what you do with the roasting hot lid when you’re in the van. Also when you’re not using the gas under it do you still sit it on a gas ring because of the bottom of the pan getting hot?

All advice welcome.

They’re great aren’t they. About 15 years ago a friend gave me one. She’d been working as a cleaner for an old lady whou’d had one in the back of her cupboard for years. By coincidence I was telling her I was thinking about buying one and she got it out and said “what, one of these, I’ve never used it, you can have it.” It was a standard size with a glass in the lid.

Some years later I dropped the lid and the glass smashed so I went to Lakeland to ask if I could get some new glass to repair it. It was in the days when they did a lifetime guarantee so they said I could have a replacement. I felt a bit of a fraud so explained the story of how I acquired it and that I’d not actually brought it myself. They said that was fine and I could have a replacement. So I got a brand new standard one and they let me keep the old base pan and stand.

A couple of years later it got a fault in the cable connection at the pan handle so they replaced that one too. As I used it a lot I paid the difference and got a Grand sized one (they threw in a rack for free). The all metal, non glass, lids had just come out, which I thought would be better, but actually turned out not to be.

I still have the Grand, which I use about 3 times a week at home, but it’s showing it’s age and some of the non sick coating in the lid is starting to peel. That’s why I thought I’d get the Tria.

Shame they still don’t do the no quibble life time guarantee as I could have had a replacement Grand as well as buying the Tria! Customer service sure ain’t what it used to be!

Hey Wildcamper, do you have a standard one?

We’re not often on lecci hookup, but when we are I think it may be usefull as an oven (although I usually use my charcoal Cobb as an oven outdoors).

Can you give me any tips on what you do with the roasting hot lid when you’re in the van. Also when you’re not using the gas under it do you still sit it on a gas ring because of the bottom of the pan getting hot?

All advice welcome.
We bought ours from alza.co.uk (much cheaper than Lakeland). It is the standard size which is fine for the two of us. The lid has "feet" so one turns it upside down onto a flat surface and the feet keep the hot surface from touching anything. If not raining I might put it outside the van. It cools quickly. When using in the van we place in on the hob rings, this leaves the work surfaces free.
We also use in at home instead of our oven, much cheaper. Need to factor in that it is fairly slow to warm up. An improvement would be to be able to remove the electrical lead from the handle. I am thinking of cutting the lead close to the handle and putting in a plug. This will also help storage.

We bought ours from alza.co.uk (much cheaper than Lakeland). It is the standard size which is fine for the two of us. The lid has "feet" so one turns it upside down onto a flat surface and the feet keep the hot surface from touching anything. If not raining I might put it outside the van. It cools quickly. When using in the van we place in on the hob rings, this leaves the work surfaces free.
We also use in at home instead of our oven, much cheaper. Need to factor in that it is fairly slow to warm up. An improvement would be to be able to remove the electrical lead from the handle. I am thinking of cutting the lead close to the handle and putting in a plug. This will also help storage.
My Remoska Tria was delivered today. It’s much sturdier/tougher looking than the standard and grand and it has a removable cable that detaches from the end of the handle.

Jacket potatoes cooked great as expected and I did some nice, to/to white/granary bread. Used Lekue bread maker bowls to mix, knead and bake the bread in. They’re a little longer than the Ramoska bowl is wide so as the bread bloomed the bowl opened, which was okay as the bread was set enough to hold its shape. The crust softened a bit as the bread cooled so next time will add some small pots of water to introduce some steam, that’ll help a good crust to form. It had a good crumb though and was delicious.

E0257CD1-5A96-4504-958E-5BC233DA16C1.jpeg9FD7B4C5-DBD5-421D-9938-B74BEE5322A4.jpeg