Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remote Heating Fob

C

Cody

Does a new Cali come with one or 2 fobs for the heating system. Got one fob and not sure if I've misplaced the second one or it never existed and I've had a brain fart :crazy

I only got the one, look after it - they are expensive to replace

Thanks I've been tearing the house apart looking for a second one thinking I had 2. Still found the power lead for the cordless drill so not total waste of my time.

Thanks again.

beardie said:
I only got the one, look after it - they are expensive to replace

Yup.. Mine only came with one also.

Thanks, this is gonna cost me a bit though as had my wife helping try to find the 2nd fob - oops. Am sure she'll see the funny side :laugh2

Anyone ever had to reprogramme the heating remote.Is there a procedure I should follow ?

When I bought my van second hand, the van was not responding to the remote.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Remote fob is currently sat on the bedroom window sill. Alarm goes off; I get up and switch it on; shower, dress, cuppa; warm, mostly defrosted van.

Brilliant.

Thanks ChrisandPenney52

Its too damned cold outside at the moment to be pulling fuses out etc but as soon as the weather improves enough I will give it a go and see what happens.Will report back.

Thanks again.

Got to admit, great bit of kit. We've had snow and sub zero temperatures for well over a week and so nice to warm the Cali up before we get in. And the Rest function on the climatronic is useful though just realised could just leave the heating on low whilst out walking the dogs doh! :headbang

Worth reading the whole post dfps, as it didn't work for everyone - but good luck!

Hello Chris,

It didn't work for me -- all I got was the ON and OFF buttons flashing amber lights rapidly which must mean the batteries in the fob are ok.
One question, the 80amp fuse in some fuse board diagrams I have seen on this forum is for the power management and shows the fuse for the aux heater as being a seperate 15amp fuse.

Does the 80amp fuse overide the 15amp fuse so when it is pulled, there is no power going to the 15amp fuse anyway ?

It looks as if its back to the drawing board for me !!!!

I'd have to defer to someone who knows what they're talking about. I was lucky when my fob failed - I just replaced the battery (around three quid inlc. postage from Amazon) and it worked again. Quite a few people on the forum have pushed and prodded more than me so I'm sure someone will have the answer to your question!

Back