Auxiliary heater/auxiliary coolant heater question

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I wasn't really sure what heating system came with our SE, but I spotted these labels on the door opening that confirmed it had both systems mentioned in the thread title.

The Webasto (5kW !) is for the coolant and the Eberspacher (3kW) for the space heating. Not many MPG with those running :eek:20150206_183212964_iOS.jpg

I've had a scout through the threads on here and understand that the coolant heater comes on automatically if the temperature is less than 5C. However, does anyone know if the remote control activates both systems, or just the auxiliary heater?

The manual does mention remote control operation of the coolant heater, but the fob shown for this is different to the one for the other heater, and our van only came with one fob.

Colin

The standard remote just operates the Eberspacher.
I think it's possible to get a remote for the coolant heater as well though. I seem to remember seeing a thread about it on here some time ago.

The Webasto (5kW !) is for the coolant and the Eberspacher (3kW) for the space heating. Not many MPG with those running
They actually both use minimal diesel, somewhere in the order of 0.2 litres an hour if my memory serves me correctly.

Correction the Ebespacher uses 0.28 L on hi setting. Webasto uses 0.3 - 0.6 L.

Last edited:
As above, diesel usage for the auxiliary heater is unnoticeable. I smile when I go on other forums and hear about people needing half an emirates gas field to keep warm with the gas consumption and my little cali is like a turkish bath on a cupful of diesel.