Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replace rising roof with fixed hight top

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Has anyone considered, undertaken removing the rising roof and having a high top fitted. I like the idea of more storage, no weather problems, instant walking about space etc.

I appreciate it will limit some height restriction parking etc.

Do you think it would devalue the vehicle?

Thank you

I think you would reduce the value and limit its selling potential. Obviously you would reduce sleeping from 4 to 2. Simpler to sell and look around ar Bilbos or similar IMHO.

I agree, increased MPG from air resistance, increased costs for ferries, limited car park access, devalue van, loss of 4 birth potential, ugly!! and noisy. Sell VW to someone who needs the elevating roof and find a converted high top and maybe pocket the difference
Bob

You're both right. I will stick with what I have,

Thanks

I agree, increased MPG from air resistance, increased costs for ferries, limited car park access, devalue van, loss of 4 birth potential, ugly!! and noisy. Sell VW to someone who needs the elevating roof and find a converted high top and maybe pocket the difference
Bob
I already get charged for a high vehicle with the Tunnel and some ferries. Loss of 4 birth is not a concern for me but might be a buyer, although the Denby roof has an option for bed sections (children only I guess).

Only ugly from the back.2351-denby-high-top-roofs.jpg2352-denby-high-top-roofs.jpg

It is something I have have thought about as I would quite like a high top.

Search for 'Polyroof'. Plenty of LHD ones for sale in Germany and France.
Somewhere on this forum I linked a video showing the level of fit-out inside the roof - very impressive...although all of the comments about the cost implications are true.

Somewhere on this forum I linked a video showing the level of fit-out inside the roof - very impressive...although all of the comments about the cost implications are true.
Denby charge £2195 for the basic roof, then extras for windows, cubaords etc. I reckon about £3000 plus colour matching the roof to the body. But I could sell my old roof perhaps.

I think I best leave it though. As I wanted to keep my van, it has lots of extras and I know most of its history.

Found it.

Back