Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replace water pump

G

Gigi69

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi there, have a T6 ocean van and water pump needs to be changed (fuses are perfect); I tried opening the water tank without success. Have bought similar water pump from the net to change it myself. Seems super tight and I don’t want to damage anything. So I may need to go to a garage. Any recommendations for a garage in south London? I can only see Battersea or Guildford. Any tips or recommendations, let me know. G

Before you go to great lengths to get into the water tank to replace the pump have you checked it’s not the micro switch in the tap? Usually the pump will blow a fuse.

It’s a simple task. Just go under the sink, disconnect the electrical connector to the tap and short the contacts on the non-tap side with a short length of wire. If the pump fires up your tap needs looking at. If the pump doesn’t fire up you will need to get the tank open.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to make a tool to undo the lid as you know they are very tight. a length of wood with 2 bolts through it would do the trick

Just wondering as my water pump has also stopped working and when I try the tap (water tank full) the fuse blows. If it was the micro switch on the tap would this also stop the rear shower hose from working?
Cheers

Just wondering as my water pump has also stopped working and when I try the tap (water tank full) the fuse blows. If it was the micro switch on the tap would this also stop the rear shower hose from working?
Cheers

Sounds like the pump. I don’t know how the system is set up for the rear shower but imagine it uses the same pump so would stop working. Does the fuse blow if you try the shower?

Sounds like the pump. I don’t know how the system is set up for the rear shower but imagine it uses the same pump so would stop working. Does the fuse blow if you try the shower?

Yes so I think your right it’s looking like the pump! I hardly ever use the sink or shower so it’s probably a lack of use. Thanks for your help really appreciate the support

Yes so I think your right it’s looking like the pump! I hardly ever use the sink or shower so it’s probably a lack of use. Thanks for your help really appreciate the support

Sometimes the pump can be shocked back into life if you can access it and give it a tap with something. Or spin the impeller as that’s usually what sticks with lack of use. If I don’t use our water tank for a while I usually operate the tap briefly to make sure it’s all still working.

Yes I try freeing it first before changing the pump cheers

I've put together a guide to help people identify which problem they are actually having, as I've had 3 different issues already with water in the California (and it sounds like there are many more). This one in particular sounds like a water pump issue, indeed.

Here's the guide: https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/fix-vw-california-ocean-coast-kitchen-water-issues-43a19d0d893a

I'll update this thread as I complete the detailed step-by-step guides on how to fix each problem, including replacing the water pump (feel free to drop by that article and give me some claps and comments for motivation!)

OK, for any one browsing this thread in search for a guide on how to replace the water pump, here's a guide I've put together after replacing mine:
https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/how-to-replace-the-vw-california-water-pump-b8ec3aac2868

If you are not sure if you need to replace your water pump or not, you can use my previous article to determine what problem is affecting your van:
https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/fix-vw-california-ocean-coast-kitchen-water-issues-43a19d0d893a

I hope it helps!
SPAM - please STOP posting the same post EVERYWHERE… it is not helpful…

Back