Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Battery

G

gatvol

My 2011 Bi Turbo starter motor battery is still going, but I want to pre-emptively replace it at 77k miles. The van does not have stop start.

Is there a forum go-to battery/ battery supplier that guys have used that does a quality replacement please ? I want a premium battery, correct physical size, but not at VW prices if possible.

Thank you

Last one I bought (Yuasa YBX5019) was from parts for machines. Cheaper than Tanya at the time, shipped directly from Yuasa. Prices change all the time so best to check.

My 2011 Bi Turbo starter motor battery is still going, but I want to pre-emptively replace it at 77k miles. The van does not have stop start.

Is there a forum go-to battery/ battery supplier that guys have used that does a quality replacement please ? I want a premium battery, correct physical size, but not at VW prices if possible.

Thank you
Order online from Tayna batteries Ltd, The F18 Silver Dynamic 85Ah is virtually a like for like replacement for the original VW labelled starter battery.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I ordered the Yuasa YBX5019 from Tayna using the NUMBER27YT 5% discount code associated with the classic car youtube channel Number 27.

The Yuasa is the same height and width as the OEM battery but is 50mm longer. There is space in the battery bay to take the 50mm, but I don't think you could go much larger than this model.

The Yuasa is 100Ah (OEM battery 85Ah). Its cold cranking is 900A (OEM battery 760A).

Only downsides I could see are that the original VW insulation jacket does not fit plus it's a bit heavier/ bulkier to install.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I ordered the Yuasa YBX5019 from Tayna using the NUMBER27YT 5% discount code associated with the classic car youtube channel Number 27.

The Yuasa is the same height and width as the OEM battery but is 50mm longer. There is space in the battery bay to take the 50mm, but I don't think you could go much larger than this model.

The Yuasa is 100Ah (OEM battery 85Ah). Its cold cranking is 900A (OEM battery 760A).

Only downsides I could see are that the original VW insulation jacket does not fit plus it's a bit heavier/ bulkier to install.

Great choice. There were no problems installing in my T5. The beefy battery is reassuring to have in the winter IMHO.

Back