Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement retaining nuts for 2012 California under seat toolbox

BEN TAYLOR

BEN TAYLOR

Vehicle
Just browsing
Can anyone advise on the subject title. I just bought a new (second hand) Cali and the toolbox was out for inspection when I arrived. Never thought to check for the nuts to put it back. They are small black plastic with a brass female thread as shown in photo. Any idea of where I can get them?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Personally I think it is a silly place for the Toolbox as it means the boot has to be emptied to get to the Jack or, in my case, the removable tow all. I took mine off and push the boxes I use further back and have the Toolbox at the boot lip for easy access. Sorry you can't have my redundant Plastic wheel nuts as I used them to cover the bolt ends.:thumb

I have one knocking about the garage :thumb

Oooh. Where are you and what would you like to swap it for?

Send me a large letter stamp and I will post it to you. I will pm you my address

Personally I think it is a silly place for the Toolbox as it means the boot has to be emptied to get to the Jack or, in my case, the removable tow all. I took mine off and push the boxes I use further back and have the Toolbox at the boot lip for easy access. Sorry you can't have my redundant Plastic wheel nuts as I used them to cover the bolt ends.:thumb
mmmmm? I may try this.

I left both those screws out , the toolbox stays in place , specially becouse i carry three plastic boxes in the boot witch are almost a perfect fit leaving no room for the toolbox to accidently pop out.
TIP : @WelshGas , you could leave the toolbox in its place without the screws as i do and fill the booth with stuff .
If you need the toolbox in case of emergency , just slide the bench seat all the way forward and you can get acces to the toolbox standing in the sliding door....having not to empty the booth....;)

Last edited:
I left both those scews out , the toolbox stays in place , specially becouse i carry three plastic boxes in the boot witch are almost a perfect fit leaving no room for the toolbox to accidently pop out.
TIP : @WelshGas , you could leave the toolbox in its place without the screws as i do and fill the booth with stuff .
If you need the toolbox in case of emergency , just slide the bench seat all the way forward and you can get acces to the toolbox standing in the sliding door....having not to empty the booth....;)
I get your point HC, but I use my Towbar a lot and my way makes it easy for me. On campsite Toolbox goes on Multiflex to access Camping box and once set up goes back as I don't need access until time to pack up. Whereas I frequently use the removable tow bar, so open tailgate, open Toolbox and fit tow bar, key and cover back into toolbox, much easier than having to pull seat forward and back each time. I'm getting on you know.:thumb

I leave our towbar on all the time now after being gently rear ended twice last year. Definitley saved damage to the bumper.

I leave our towbar on all the time now after being gently rear ended twice last year. Definitley saved damage to the bumper.
A friend had his "borrowed " . Not been returned yet!:mad:

Back