Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing battery in GC600

Christopher Thomas

Christopher Thomas

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi All
I´m thinking of replacing the existing lead battery with a Mastervolt lithium battery in the cubhoard at the back (next to the electrical cubhoard and including a Mastervolt combi inverter. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the GC600 electrical drawings?
Does anyone have experiences doing this on their GC?

Hi All
I´m thinking of replacing the existing lead battery with a Mastervolt lithium battery in the cubhoard at the back (next to the electrical cubhoard and including a Mastervolt combi inverter. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the GC600 electrical drawings?
Does anyone have experiences doing this on their GC?
Hi there I believe Mr T has

I've just bought a 680 and would appreciate any info you have on Mr T on this topic as am very keen to improve the battery aspect.

I've just bought a 680 and would appreciate any info you have on Mr T on this topic as am very keen to improve the battery aspect.
Hi, I have added a LiFePO4 battery in the rear cupboard of my GC600. I decided I didn’t need an inverter so have just added a 100ah battery.
My setup works via a new isolation switch I fitted, which is a 3 position, so I can have the original AGM battery running (switch position 1) switch to position 2 and have my LiFePO4 battery running. I have also installed a Victron dc-dc charger which charges my LiFePO4 battery from the original AGM leisure battery. The Victron settings (very important bit) mean that once the original battery drops to a certain voltage it stops charging. So when on hook up it charges fine via this route, as it does when driving. Also the solar still charges the original battery. This set up seems to work well. I see no benefit in removing the original battery. It controls certain things like the step and small lights. These items do not go through the isolation switch.
My needs were to just extend my “off grid” use by a few days.

Any chance have a sketch of the switch connection?

Great. Found it. One thing I didn’t do is add the switch. This has caused some problems as I disconnected the VW battery and things like lights and step have a life of their own.

Mart ayında size diyagramlar ve fotoğraflar göndermiştim, dolayısıyla tüm bunları mesajlarınızda bulundurmalısınız.
Mümkünse bana da gönderebilirmisiniz? Teşekkürler

Back