Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing Bellows

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have a dilema. I picked up my Beach last week, 'ex demo with 400 miles'. The bellows has a minuscule hole in it where it has been trapped between the hook that keeps the roof closed. The dealer 'Breeze' pointed this out and are replacing free of charge, it was very good of them to point this out as I might not have noticed it. How big a job is this, I am wondering if it might be better to keep it as it is rather than have the roof dismantled which might cause other issues.

It's not a small job I imagine, but we had a similar issue with a torn bellows on purchase which the dealer replaced FOC. I see no particular reason why the work should create downstream problems, ours has been fine since then, but maybe anyone who did have problems can flag it up?

I have a dilema. I picked up my Beach last week, 'ex demo with 400 miles'. The bellows has a minuscule hole in it where it has been trapped between the hook that keeps the roof closed. The dealer 'Breeze' pointed this out and are replacing free of charge, it was very good of them to point this out as I might not have noticed it. How big a job is this, I am wondering if it might be better to keep it as it is rather than have the roof dismantled which might cause other issues.
I don't think the roof has to be dismantled in any way.

If you're having the canvas replaced maybe you could get a coloured bellows or a front window?
Even if you have to pay a tiny bit extra. Could be a unique van!

Back