Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

restoring paint finish

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Any cleaning experts on here?
Our cali is in immaculate condition generally but i think i've ruined the paintwork a bit by incorrect cleaning :censor

there are quite a lot of swirling marks on it presumably from not drying or polishing it in the right way in my ignorance.

Is there any way of getting rid of these short of paying a fortune to a detailer or am i stuck with them?

Loads of ways!
Firstly, only clean with a wash mitt which doesn't hold grit like a sponge will, use a bucket with a grit guard and regularly scrape off the mitt. Dry with a clean mf cloth, not a chamois - again the hold grit.

Now to fix the damage - a really good polish and sealant will sort it. I highly recommend Zaino Z5 Pro. Excellent vfm and very good at sorting swirl marks. If they are really bad, GTechniq P1 is good but harder work and needs post polish sealant which Z5 doesn't require. If its really bad, find a good local detailer to machine polish it out. They will do a much better job than almost all main dealer bodyshops!

I'm on my mobile so links are tricky but if you need any, I can stick them on later when I'm on my Mac!

Nice one mate will look up the zaino.
It looks bad to me but nobody else has noticed. looks worse in the sunshine.
I was just worried it might never come out.
I've got a mitt but need to get a grit guard.

used the zaino today and it looks loads better!
cheers kernow.

Back