Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retro fit spare wheel to T6.1?

J

jbaedmonds

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone know if this is possible? I bought an ex demo van and it didn't come with a spare, are there many parts needed to fit it underneath if I buy a 2nd hand wheel to go there?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if this is possible? I bought an ex demo van and it didn't come with a spare, are there many parts needed to fit it underneath if I buy a 2nd hand wheel to go there?

Thanks!
These people can supply.
7BD32A01-8444-4597-96AA-91EE554A736F.jpeg

Thanks!
What size wheels do you have?
You can easily fit a spare wheel carrier but it will only easily fit 17" wheels + appropriate sized tyre. If you have larger diameter wheels you could use the 17" spare as a get you home space saver, limited speed and limited distance.

I've got 17" wheels for summer and winter so no issues there. The van also has the brake upgrade so needs 17" spare - 16" won't fit

I've got 17" wheels for summer and winter so no issues there. The van also has the brake upgrade so needs 17" spare - 16" won't fit
So no problem then. Parts can be sourced from VW or other suppliers, as detailed above or the Forum Shop.

17" wheel/tyres are wider than the 16" ones.
To fit the 17" in the rack it has spacers to lower the rack rear (bumper end). The front (on my T6) has selectable hinge pin slots.
UK supplier who may ship complete kit.

Back