Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stolen spare wheel

Dylan

Dylan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Yes it has just happened to me, and I need some advice on getting a replacement wheel and tyre.

My Cali has the 18" Canberra wheels with 255/45/R18 tyres. I had a steel spare fitted as van came without a spare wheel. I believe that the spare wheel was a 17" to fit in the bracket below the van, but I do not have any details about the correct tyre size to fit.

Can anyone help me specify the steel wheel and tyre size to complement my Canberras.

Martin

probably the best way to keep thieves away from the spare wheel is to have it in bad shape on rusty steel rim, that is what I have. If you buy something worthy the story may easily repeat.

Also, the tyre and hub sizes should be listed on the label inside driver's door.

VW T5 commercial steel wheel and VW can verify a part no for you.The tyre size is 235/55/17 and make sure it has a 103 load rating or some use 101

Thank you for your replies. Very helpful.

Martin

Loads of threads and idears on t4 forum.no difinitive answer to problem my t32 180 is on
sportline 18s.i have a matching spare because its a syncro.you can move the front hinge
bolt to carry 18in wheels.locking bolt helps but not foolproof. :headbang

I have the locking bolt also I have a thick plastic covered bike cable padlocked
Through the wheel and carrier :thumb

Calikev said:
I have the locking bolt also I have a thick plastic covered bike cable padlocked
Snap with round padlock regularly lubed. :thumb

bjt4 said:
Calikev said:
Snap with round padlock regularly lubed. :thumb

Mine is a plastic covered waterproof padlock it won't stop the determined theif but it helps
It's parked in my drive with the tailgate close to the garage doors most of the time :thumb

I've lost 2 to thieves in London but the never outside of the UK. For years I drove with no spare (just a can of 'Fazoooomph') but I've recently put one on.

eBay is a good bet for a tyre and wheel combo. Cheap and cheerful, unattractive to thieves.

Some arse stole mine as well this week. Gutted.