Reverse Camera

• Thread starter California_Clarky
  • Start date
California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I am not sure if it’s just me or if there is an issue with the quality of the reverse camera image or has something changed- it just looks any items in the distance are not as sharp as I remembered them . Camera is clean. Or am I gets tainted by the rear camera in my Kuga

Any advice

TIA

If you can (be bothered) a photo of what you see would be useful, so it can be compared. The Cali is the first vehicle we’ve had with a camera, and we’re still in awe of it!

If you can (be bothered) a photo of what you see would be useful, so it can be compared. The Cali is the first vehicle we’ve had with a camera, and we’re still in awe of it!
Yes sorry a picture would helpIMG_7799.JPG - Only had the Cali since Sept 2023 so this is my first season, don't get me wrong I absolutely love it ( my wife says I love it more that her....)
Picture attached to me it doesn't look as sharp as it used to - or maybe its just me

Looks same as ours. There was a post a while back where the OP was convinced their camera image had moved. Even all ours showing the same image layout seemed not to convince them. The eyes play tricks. Given it's just for reversing it does not need to be a high quality expensive camera and when you are fitting them to so many cars the least resolution you can get with the cheaper it is. I'd say these are 720p cameras at best.

Looks same as ours. There was a post a while back where the OP was convinced their camera image had moved. Even all ours showing the same image layout seemed not to convince them. The eyes play tricks. Given it's just for reversing it does not need to be a high quality expensive camera and when you are fitting them to so many cars the least resolution you can get with the cheaper it is. I'd say these are 720p cameras at best.
I think you are probably right in that the camera is a lower resolution than what the Discovery Pro screen is able to display - thanks for Checking I will park this now ( no pun intended )

The one I had on my T31 Nissan X Trail was better I must admit but didn't have sensors as well

Back