Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reversing camera. Easy solution 5 min fit. No wires

Looks interesting as a rear view cam for my trailer. I wonder what the range is like.

Perhaps you could post a review here after a few weeks usage as the Amazon reviews are prob fake.

Did you connect it to your reversing lights as it suggests?

Did you connect it to your reversing lights as it suggests?
Its not needed as its Solar powered.
Its on all the time and you have a remote switch for the display on and off.
It means you can watch your rear even when travelling along There is a switch to power the camera "off" if you have the Van in storage or won't be using regularly.

Last edited:
Looks interesting as a rear view cam for my trailer. I wonder what the range is like.

Perhaps you could post a review here after a few weeks usage as the Amazon reviews are prob fake.
Tech spec says..............
IP68 Waterproof & High Compatibility: No need to worry about the water get into your backup camera or micro usb input port. Suitable for the cars whose length is within 32 ft, like Cars, Pickups, Camper, SUVs, Caravan, and Minivans.

also

you can switch it off when not in use.

Have installed the reversing camera and the screen.
I'm happy to say it works great No problems connecting and displays a good screen for the purpose of reversing. It work really well even when driving. Its also handy having the ability to see behind you in real time even when driving (or should i say you passengers can keep an eye on what's behind!)

IMG_2100.jpegIMG_2102.jpegIMG_2106.jpeg
Video of the screen in place It took longer than 5 mins as i have a number plate surround, so fitting was a touch more complicated. I also took time to make sure the wiring to the screen was as tidy as possible .
Pictures and a video link is attached via dropbox.

From your pictures it looks like it fits a U.K. style 11cm deep rear number plate but all their blurb shows a bigger square ‘American’ style plate. Did you specify plate size when you ordered?
Thanks

From your pictures it looks like it fits a U.K. style 11cm deep rear number plate but all their blurb shows a bigger square ‘American’ style plate. Did you specify plate size when you ordered?
Thanks
It’s just a top part and.bottom part connected by a flexible wire. They stick on any distance apart. Op’s surround isn’t part of it.6E080210-2DF5-4866-9D1D-30656E48CB0C.png

Thanks very much. That is so helpful. I might just go for it ...

Thanks
The camera and solar battery are connected with a wire that sits behind the number plate. This means that the attachment of both is flexible and therefore all standard numbers plates can be used without having to specify a size.

Thanks Alan
I’ve ordered it.
Last day of the Amazon discount!

Looks good, always quite fancied this, would make things a lot easier with no wires to trail through the van.

Would be interested how you get on with it over time too, looks a great install.

I ordered one from Amazon, great product, quick and easy fit. Just have to rewire my cigarette lighter socket with a relay off Fuse 19 so it's only live with the key in, just waiting for the relay to arrive, just pulling it out of the socket for now :)

sketch-1579274719052.jpg

sketch-1579274709949.jpg

Is the power from the sun enough to have these always on like a rear view mirror? I guess depends how much you drive...or how sunny it is....

I ordered one from Amazon, great product, quick and easy fit. Just have to rewire my cigarette lighter socket with a relay off Fuse 19 so it's only live with the key in, just waiting for the relay to arrive, just pulling it out of the socket for now :)

View attachment 54297

View attachment 54298
thats the only reason I'm hesitant to get one; the cigarette lighter in my T5 isnt -on- the dash, its -in- the dash compartment where the two cup holders appear

thats the only reason I'm hesitant to get one; the cigarette lighter in my T5 isnt -on- the dash, its -in- the dash compartment where the two cup holders appear
My socket is also in the cup tray and is permanently live so I will change the socket to switched live when the key is in. The cable just hangs in front of the radio for now.

Is the power from the sun enough to have these always on like a rear view mirror? I guess depends how much you drive...or how sunny it is....
I doubt the solar battery would last long if permanently on (which I think it's illegal). The monitor can only be set for 30s/45s/60s then it turns off.

Just to add that I have bought said reverse camera and am very pleased with it.
As a bonus for me the monitor actually fits onto the ball socket of my rear view mirror. Result!
Have never used rear mirror as years of trucking leaves me quite happy using door mirrors............
IMG_0134.jpegIMG_0138.jpegIMG_0141.jpeg

just need to tidy up the wiring.

Have installed the reversing camera and the screen.
I'm happy to say it works great No problems connecting and displays a good screen for the purpose of reversing. It work really well even when driving. Its also handy having the ability to see behind you in real time even when driving (or should i say you passengers can keep an eye on what's behind!)

View attachment 53733View attachment 53734View attachment 53735
Video of the screen in place It took longer than 5 mins as i have a number plate surround, so fitting was a touch more complicated. I also took time to make sure the wiring to the screen was as tidy as possible .
Pictures and a video link is attached via dropbox.

Hi!
I just ordered the camera. How did you fix it on the dashboard ? Did you use some double sided tape or something ? The surface on the dashboard isn't flat...

Hi!
I just ordered the camera. How did you fix it on the dashboard ? Did you use some double sided tape or something ? The surface on the dashboard isn't flat...
I bought a little plastic insert for the cubby on the dash. It fixes with double sided tape. That then gives you a flat surface to use the suction mount.
I got the plastic off eBay. Search for dash inserts for transporters. Check sizes though, I had to modify mine.

I cut a rectangle of a ceramic tile that sits in the middle recess on the dash ((Cali 5.1). The suction pad mount sticks to it like to glass and it’s stable enough not to dislodge under hard braking etc.

Hi!
I just used the suction mount thats included, putting it on the inner facing surface.

do they do a version with a front camera too?

bit daft that. Would be so easy to sell a pack with two and have a switch on it, or just show both.

Back