Front parking camera?

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Our Cali has rear parking sensors, which do the job I guess. I sometimes consider buying a wireless parking camera for the rear, but never do, because they cost quite a bit and the sensors do the job. But in the front our Cali does not have parking sensors and to be honest, I sometimes find it hard to guestimate how much room I need when parking in a tight spot. So I tend to keep looking for a wirder parkings pot, but sometimes there just isn't one. Have managed to damage the front once before and the cost of repair almost made me cry. So I was wondering, do front parking camera's exist? And has anyone here got any experience with those? I'd be looking for a wireless solution much like the one is this thread, but for the front of the car.

Our Cali has rear parking sensors, which do the job I guess. I sometimes consider buying a wireless parking camera for the rear, but never do, because they cost quite a bit and the sensors do the job. But in the front our Cali does not have parking sensors and to be honest, I sometimes find it hard to guestimate how much room I need when parking in a tight spot. So I tend to keep looking for a wirder parkings pot, but sometimes there just isn't one. Have managed to damage the front once before and the cost of repair almost made me cry. So I was wondering, do front parking camera's exist? And has anyone here got any experience with those? I'd be looking for a wireless solution much like the one is this thread, but for the front of the car.
I was just about to suggest the thread you have linked to. The only thing you will need to figure out is - how do you trigger the camera. Maybe a switch to power it when you are near to an object? Logically it should work.

Better not park in Paris then where the normal procedure in some areas is no one uses the handbrake, push & shove with either end until you fit in a spot suitable for a smart car.
I’m not joking.

Was in Nice, reversed into a spot a bit small, bumped the car behind and pushed a bit, nudged the front one, got out there was a guy siting in the car behind, I apologized in French, he just shrugged c'est la vie, came back later the van was jammed in at either end, had to push 10 or so cars to get out.

It’s useful to have a removable tow bar in France as the police take a dim view if you jam it in someone’s radiator.

I’m several inner cities in France cars take on certain patina and insurance companies don’t pay for parking damage with high deductibles.

we have a front camera in our car, in 3 years I could count the amount of times I've used on my hands. I just rely on the sensors. Just get some sensors retro fitted.
My cousin used to live in France many years ago and told me about the parking habits as you stated above. That was in Lyon.

Back