Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reversing camera

H

HammerRN2

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Merry Christmas everyon,

I was wondering if someone could suggest a good reversing camera for my ocean please. Unfortunately didn’t come as standard in my van and really need to put one on. Been quoted a ridiculous price from VW to add it now and after spending what we’ve all spent on our vehicles just wanted something to help out that doesn’t cost a fortun.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

To install a genuine VW reversing camera in the position that VW use, will require that a hole be cut above the number plate in the rear tailgate. You may prefer that this is not done.

There are loads of alternatives, ranging from modified high level brake light cluster mods to wireless stick on rear view cameras together with separate display unit.

You need to decide what level of mods you require, including....

1. Genuine VW, with integration in to the existing VW head unit?

2. Bolt or stick on with integration with the VW head unit?

3. Bolt or stick on camera with separate display unit.....wired or wireless?

Personally I opted to install a genuine VW rear view camera, permanently wired to the VW head unit. Works great but did require that the camera be configured with vcds diagnostics/setup kit to the VW control system. This did require me to cut a 40x40 square hole in the tailgate above the number plate and to run wires from rear to cabin. But works perfectly and has gotten us out of some very tight reversing spots. The cost of the camera kit was around £220 around 3 years ago via ebay.

I have an autovox solar camera as above post and have had it on the van for at least one year..haven’t needed to top up the charge yet as working brilliantly. Got mine on an Amazon lightning deal.

Back