Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

REVO Remap. Thanks Dan at Van Worx.

splitmike

splitmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Well while in Dorset this weekend, taking mini me camping with my parents . I popped in to see Dan and have a chat about the remap he then offered to do it there and then if I so wished. Offered a nice discount too so I went ahead and had it done.
I've owned the 174 before but this time round I have the 130 still a nice strong engine but what a difference the remap has made I should now be around the 165bhp mark or if I'm lucky close to 170bhp.
But drivability is now completely different.
Worth every penny.
Big thanks to Dan and the friendly staff at Van Worx big smiles now.

So why does your vehicle details show a T6?

I have no idea. That has been changed. Hmm has my account been hacked.
I had a message saying my saved password is different too yesterday.
I'm guessing it must have been. How random!
Mike.
I wish I could order a T6 but not this year. Maybe next.

Keep us informed with how it pans out long term with the remap. Reliability, mpg, driving etc. Cheers.

I have the 130 still a nice strong engine but what a difference the remap has made I should now be around the 165bhp mark or if I'm lucky close to 170bhp.
Which insurance company are you with and did they charge you a higher premium when you informed them of the modification?

Which insurance company are you with and did they charge you a higher premium when you informed them of the modification?

Now stop looking for trouble. ;)

Keep us informed with how it pans out long term with the remap. Reliability, mpg, driving etc. Cheers.

I've covered almost 60k on my 2.0L 140 now (mapped to 186/415 ftlbs.
I've back to backed the maps and fuel economy is unchanged. Reliablity, no issues, aftall the map is basically what VW install in the higher output units anyway (Mine is equiv to the 20L GTD Golf).

Driving is fab. Short shift at 1800 rpm and it flies.

Bluefin device that is supplied with the map simply plugs into the diagnostic port and original map can be reinstalled in 5 minutes.
Best to reinstall standard map prior to VW servicing.

Recomended.:thumb

Of course I informed my insurance company. No change!!
Behave!

Fuel economy is about the same as far as I can tell but I never bought it to be the best on fuel, I bought it to be used. It's normally got a bike on the back or boards on the roof, if it needs fuel it gets it. It's still giving about 500 miles to a tank. It flies now and the power curve is amazing and I find I'm a gear higher than I used to be.
Well and truly worth it in my own opinion.

Of course I informed my insurance company. No change!!
Behave!
:)
Which company do you use? Worth knowing about when I come to renew because many wouldn't be so accommodating.

I had our Cali remapped by REVO and it's given us 23% more oomph (torque being the one that matters). Fuel consumption has improved and insurance has only increased by a few pounds. Very pleased with the result and would recommend to anybody seeking a little bit more va va voom.

Back