Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510 coding

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just seeing if anyone can help out with this.
I have recently fitted an RNS510 (which came out of a Cali) and the BT kit to our Skoda Yeti.
Everything works absolutely fine apart from the volume control on the multi function steering wheel and there is no Navigation screen on the dash display. No big deal and we can live without it but it would nice to get it working.
On the Skoda the MFS volume control is a roller rather than buttons. Pressing the roller mutes the sound (which is correct) so I assume the connection is there somewhere.
I have trawled through VCDS but can't find any reference to either the volume control or the Navigation screen so I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
It could be of course than the Yeti dash screen just does not have the Nav screen capability but I wouldn't have thought so. Coincidently, the Nav screen in the Cali disappeared a while ago and the dealer had to recode it so it must around somewhere.
Thanks for any help.

Our Yeti has sat nav and you can have directions etc on the dash screen. :thumb

Google came up with this, might help as the last sentence bottom of the page mentions steering wheel buttons and mfdisplay.
oops
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/rns510-rns315-gps-or-rcd510-installation-in-a-mk5-vw/

also from another site:
  • "RNS coding problems
    October 12, 2009 at 10:18 pm · Reply
    Hello All,

I just bought a RNS 510 for my passat 2008. The unit was installed and everything works great whitout the right steering wheel and no informations about media are available on the re dot screen. Does anyone knows how to cede the RNS 510?

thx,
    marius

• 87e4e7f4466dc66dbdfb9a857f127193
    Morgan
    October 13, 2009 at 3:43 pm · Reply
    Hi! You need to enter 37 Navigation and enter the long coding and tick off the box with CAN-BAP Protocol! That should do the trick:)"

Last edited:
Thanks Carl.
I'll give the first one a try not seen that one before.
The second one I have already tried but it didn't make any difference.
I'll hook the VCDS up to the Cali and see what the settings are there for radio/nav and try them on the Yeti.
The Yeti is four years old now so perhaps things have changed a bit.

hi, not a Yeti, but I retrofitted the rns510 to my cali. To get the satnav on the dash display I had to add it via VCDS to the gateway list. I found the settings in a ross tech how to: Search rosstech and RNS510 retrofit.

What I cannot find is how to stop the radio from muting as soon as I put into reserve. You can un-mute via the display so must be a default setting. This might be classed as a safety feature, so might be why I cannot find the code.

Configuration
The following Activations are necessary to ensure that the newly fitted parts are properly recognized and are ready to use.

• Update the Installation List in the Gateway (J533 / #19).
    • Register the newly added 37 - Navigation Control Module, in case you had a Navigation System installed before the Retrofit this step may not be necessary. Address 56 - Radio should also be activated in case there was no Radio installed prior to the Retrofit.
    • If the vehicle had a factory installed 0F - Radio (Digital) module it will need to be removed from the Gateway installation list and unplugged/removed from the vehicle.
    • If the vehicle had a factory installed 1C-Position Sensing module it should be removed from the Gateway installation list and unplugged/removed from the vehicle.
  • Update the Navigation System (J506 / #37) Coding.
    • Due to different Control Modules and Equipment in the Car the actual Coding Table is not shown here but will automatically be used by the Long Coding Helper once you access the Function using VCDS.
    • Make sure to enter a Plausible WorkShopCode (WSC) like 12345-123-12345 on the Coding Screen. New or reflashed RNS510 units may have a WSC 00000-000-00000 stored which results in a 01042 - Control Module Not Coded Fault Code that will only clear of the WSC used for Coding the Module is NOT 00000-000-00000.

If you are having trouble finding/calculating the proper Coding using the Long Coding Assist please Register and post in our Retrofitting sub-forum. Make sure to include a complete Diagnostic Protocol (Auto-Scan) from the Car and state which steps/work you have performed.

Categories
Meta

hi, not a Yeti, but I retrofitted the rns510 to my cali. To get the satnav on the dash display I had to add it via VCDS to the gateway list. I found the settings in a ross tech how to: Search rosstech and RNS510 retrofit.

What I cannot find is how to stop the radio from muting as soon as I put into reserve. You can un-mute via the display so must be a default setting. This might be classed as a safety feature, so might be why I cannot find the code.

Configuration
The following Activations are necessary to ensure that the newly fitted parts are properly recognized and are ready to use.

• Register the newly added 37 - Navigation Control Module, in case you had a Navigation System installed before the Retrofit this step may not be necessary. Address 56 - Radio should also be activated in case there was no Radio installed prior to the Retrofit.
    • If the vehicle had a factory installed 0F - Radio (Digital) module it will need to be removed from the Gateway installation list and unplugged/removed from the vehicle.
    • If the vehicle had a factory installed 1C-Position Sensing module it should be removed from the Gateway installation list and unplugged/removed from the vehicle.
    • Due to different Control Modules and Equipment in the Car the actual Coding Table is not shown here but will automatically be used by the Long Coding Helper once you access the Function using VCDS.
    • Make sure to enter a Plausible WorkShopCode (WSC) like 12345-123-12345 on the Coding Screen. New or reflashed RNS510 units may have a WSC 00000-000-00000 stored which results in a 01042 - Control Module Not Coded Fault Code that will only clear of the WSC used for Coding the Module is NOT 00000-000-00000.

If you are having trouble finding/calculating the proper Coding using the Long Coding Assist please Register and post in our Retrofitting sub-forum. Make sure to include a complete Diagnostic Protocol (Auto-Scan) from the Car and state which steps/work you have performed.

Categories
Meta
It is, so you will hear the Sensor beep and have to make a positive decision and action to cancel mute.

Configuration

Categories
Meta

Thanks for that, looks just what I have been looking for. I did try the RossTech site but didn't come across that.
I'll give it a try later when her indoors gets back with the Yeti.
I have tried copying the settings from the Cali but it didn't bring up the Nav screen so I guess it's and older/different Canbus system in the Yeti. (October 2011)

Thanks for the help guys.
Now got the Navigation screen up OK but still no volume control on the steering wheel. As all the other buttons work fine I'm wondering if it's a faulty control. I might whip the RNS pout and try the original Skoda raio and see if that works OK as a check.