Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510 WITH NO GPS

K

koolrawoul

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
hello friends, rns 510 imported new from korea, my problem is that the navigation function is disabled ie no GPS is installed (buttons NAv and MAP does not work), I tried to install it by adding a GPS antenna and installing the V15 Europe version of the west without sucks. the version of my SW is 1088 and the HW h30.

is one to an idea about the procedure to follow to make it coding style to activate navigation or something else

IMG_20181001_142058.jpg

Does the unit turn on and the radio etc work OK?
I f it does then I guess you have a problem with either the GPS aerial or the map hasn't installed properly. The map should run ok from the DVD without installing it on the hard drive. If not, then looks like a bad DVD or the unit isn't reading it correctly. Try playing a music or video DVD to see if that works OK.
I have found that usually the units will work OK without recoding but you might not get the controls to work on the steering wheel (if you have them) without the coding.

Does the unit turn on and the radio etc work OK?
I f it does then I guess you have a problem with either the GPS aerial or the map hasn't installed properly. The map should run ok from the DVD without installing it on the hard drive. If not, then looks like a bad DVD or the unit isn't reading it correctly. Try playing a music or video DVD to see if that works OK.
I have found that usually the units will work OK without recoding but you might not get the controls to work on the steering wheel (if you have them) without the coding.
the radio is new the dvd player works perfectly and the steering wheel keys also work i think the navigation function is off since the nav button on the radio does not work the gps antenna is properly installed

As far as I know the navigation cantc be turned off separately.
Can you beg, borrow or steal another navy dvd and try it. I think you possibly have a bad DVD if everything else is working.

I will try anyway thank you for the advise

If the Nav button doesn’t do anything at all (I.e doesn’t say Insert Nav DVD or whatever) I’d guess that the firmware for that market doesn’t allow navigation

Whether the unit can be flashed to work I don’t know.

you're right the coding is only showing navigation on the obd I think it is necessary to update the FW mine is 1088 koreen version I will try to switch to 1300 European version then install gps v15

Back