Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS315 navigation system query

BeachyBird

BeachyBird

Vehicle
T5 Beach
HELP!!!
Can any body tell me how to turn the radio off when the navigation system is on. I have tried pressing buttons and looked in the manual but can't see how, but maybe I am missing the obvious.

Ours is a different model, but to turn the radio or other media off we just turn the volume right down, & the sound still works for for the navigation so you could try that.

Ours is a different model, but to turn the radio or other media off we just turn the volume right down, & the sound still works for for the navigation so you could try that.
Thank you for your reply
Yes that would work thanks, but thought there might be a way of just having the navigation on and nothing else?

I think turning the volume to zero effectively turns it off - for example if you're playing a cd and turn the volume to zero for 5 mins then turn it back up it carries on from the same place - it didn't carry on playing at nil volume for 5 mins.

I think turning the volume to zero effectively turns it off - for example if you're playing a cd and turn the volume to zero for 5 mins then turn it back up it carries on from the same place - it didn't carry on playing at nil volume for 5 mins.
Ok thanks that sounds interesting I will try that.:thumb

I have a 510 and the voice is never turned on, but just a guess - select Aux-In but don't plug anything in?

Yes, my investigations found the same as I too had this query when I first started using my 315. It's also worth knowing that if you turn the volume down when the sat nav lady is speaking then it turns the sat nav down and you might not realise you've done it. The radio volume is shown on screen as a red slider, the sat nav as a blue one. I think you can reset the sat nav volume in the sat nav settings if you accidentally set it to silent.

Agree with the above.

Turning the volume right down turns the entertainment off, not just mutes it. However the navigation commands are still audible ...

if you want to hear them :(

Victoria's bossy plum-in-gob voice drives me nuts

Yup navigation and music volumes are separate, the navigation volume is a little harder to find in the setup menus.

I just zero the music and as others have said the navigation updates just continue.

Yes, my investigations found the same as I too had this query when I first started using my 315. It's also worth knowing that if you turn the volume down when the sat nav lady is speaking then it turns the sat nav down and you might not realise you've done it. The radio volume is shown on screen as a red slider, the sat nav as a blue one. I think you can reset the sat nav volume in the sat nav settings if you accidentally set it to silent.
Thanks for info I did just what you have said and wandered why I could hear navi