Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road Tax 140 ps DSG pre-reg

L

Leemac74

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just wanted some advice, picking up my 140dsg beach Friday and wanted to know in advance as still awaiting confirmation via dealer on my subsequent 1st year road tax £.

My pre reg July 15 beach will be retaxed by me on the day, therefore second owner etc, do I still get restung on 1st year road tax premium?

I assumed yes but was hopeful of this loophole as its a used / ex demo vehicle.

Last edited:
cant see why you would as it is second hand when you tax it.

We are picking up an exdemo Cali on Friday. Registered in July and the dealership took the hit for the road tax premium. We are paying the rate for the 2n'd tax onwards which is £265 for ours.
Hope this helps. Simon

Great, I thought the same, logically it's the second owner / second registration so maybe it's a no brainer, it was taxed when I had the test drive so maybe I will be ok.

I checked on parkers website and it says £290 for 140PS DSG beach for 12 months VED.

Great, I thought the same, logically it's the second owner / second registration so maybe it's a no brainer, it was taxed when I had the test drive so maybe I will be ok.

I checked on parkers website and it says £290 for 140PS DSG beach for 12 months VED.

I did exactly the same thing when we bought ours. I'm paying for the VED as part of the purchase price. They are getting the VED for me, I send them a cover note and they can then tax it. I checked on the web site and couldn't make head nor tail of why it was £265. Then checked the £265 rate and it fitted the spec for the van. I figured that the dealership sells lots of these and must know what the class is for the 180. Try asking other 140 dsg Beach users on here possibly.

Hi Leemac74
No.
The dealer already paid that when they first registered the vehicle. When you collect it, your Cali will be second hand.
I picked up my late June 2015 ex demo Cali just under three weeks ago. All I paid was the standard fee for one years VED, in my case £290. The Co2 from your Cali will mean that you will pay the same.
Hope that helps.

When you go to pick up your Cali don't forget to print off and take with you the Handover check list for VW California Part 1 ( there isn't a Part 2) and it wouldn't hurt to take the Used VW California Checklist. I used these when we collected ours and they give you peace of mind that you leave having checked that every thing is there and it all works. You can find these in the downloads section of the forum.

Best wishes with your collection.
Paul

Just wanted some advice, picking up my 140dsg beach Friday and wanted to know in advance as still awaiting confirmation via dealer on my subsequent 1st year road tax £.

My pre reg July 15 beach will be retaxed by me on the day, therefore second owner etc, do I still get restung on 1st year road tax premium?

I assumed yes but was hopeful of this loophole as its a used / ex demo vehicle.

Picked up my ex-demo Beach a couple of weeks ago. The tax was included in the price so there was nothing further to pay.

Back