Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Robust standalone windbreak

barry

barry

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I'd like to buy a robust standalone windbreak. Not for privacy but for shelter from cold west winds up the west coast of scotland while sitting out enjoying a dram or two (on the moors, headlands and beaches). And not attached to an awning, tent or the van.
I had thought of the Outwell range (£40 - £110) but have read a fair number of below average reviews on ukcampsite which I'd not expect for that price. I've looked at a couple of Vangos for about £25 but they were simply too flimsy.

Has anybody any recommendations and if they have could they say why. Pointers to below average ones would also be very helpful.

Thanks

CPO77 beat me to it, we also use a Quest windbreak aswell , well worth the extra money plus you can purchase spares if anything gets broken

barry said:
I'd like to buy a robust standalone windbreak. Not for privacy but for shelter from cold west winds up the west coast of scotland while sitting out enjoying a dram or two (on the moors, headlands and beaches). And not attached to an awning, tent or the van.
I had thought of the Outwell range (£40 - £110) but have read a fair number of below average reviews on ukcampsite which I'd not expect for that price. I've looked at a couple of Vangos for about £25 but they were simply too flimsy.

Has anybody any recommendations and if they have could they say why. Pointers to below average ones would also be very helpful.

Thanks
Hi - I've been using a Vango(4 pole version) had no problems with it - paid about £28.00 at gooutdoors, great value, definately not flimsy! - now bought the side walls, will still use windbreak when needed though.

Kevin

We use a Vango 4 pole. It has been ok for us in some fairly high winds. Plus the blue colour matches the van :)

Back