Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rodents - that Time of year...

Spuktoid

Spuktoid

VIP Member
Hi all,

Parked my van Friday evening in its usual spot and went away for the weekend with friends.
Got in this morning, engine fired up, flashing coil symbol and steady yellow engine management light :(

Called Colbornes van centre who very kindly said they would 'plug it in' and have a look if I took it straight over. Could be quite a few options as to problems.

Temperature sensors failed...

Up on ramp - missing wiring to both sensors by steering rack/crossmember.

Chew marks!

Rodents - third case in two weeks, seems the workshops think rats/squirrels/mice hop up underneath to warm themselves in the dropping temperatures and really enjoy the taste of the sensor wires!

Being replaced as I speak (great service at such short notice), not under warranty, will be several hundreds of pounds.

Have looked at a few other posts and will get some 'Rodan' and perhaps a motor home electronic repellant (any ideas?). Will also be checking everywhere else under the bonnet,

I am not that rural- suburbian Surrey.

Just to give you all the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up david I did remember reading something about this last year pesky little
bleeders :headbang

I had rats eat through wires up by the master cylinder shorted the sensors so brake lights stuck on which put the yellow coil light on came back from wales via VW breakdown
This was about this time last year But as you say not covered by VW so works out expensive

Back