Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rome in August?!

Sunshine&Snow

Sunshine&Snow

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looks like we'll head to Florence/Tuscany coast and Rome in August.

Any recommendations on lovely campsites (clean and not crammed in with beach/pool access) please?

Also, any great tips on staying cool in the camper? Are overnight a/C units the way to go? Any tips on keeping the heat outside? Thanks!

Now I've gone and done it! This is the wrong thread.

Sorry team admin, please can you move it to the right place. Thanks!

We stayed a few nights at small campsite in Tuscany last summer, about 15 km west of Florence. Only around 15 pitches. Small swimming pool with great views. Vineyard on site. Owner has jumped out of aeroplanes over 7600 times! Perfect for exploring Tuscan towns. Loved it. One of those secrets you feel you shouldn’t tell other people about but do because the owner is such a legend.

It’s called Biological Winefarm Cipollatico or Argicampeggio Cipollatico.

GPS: N 43°40’50” E 11°06’41”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm going to tell you a secret. But you have to promise it'll stay between the two of us :). It might just be a bit of your route, but i promise you it's worth it.

'Kokopelli Camping'. Tents only, but they do allow 2 small campervans. Lovely small orchard-style camping in 'the mountains'. Coincidentally owned by a lovely British couple. We ended up there during our 3-month trip through Europe and loved it. But please don't tell anyone!

Regarding keeping cool, we purchased a 30cm fan from Bauhaus in Croatia. It was 2 pin so perfect for the inverter, very powerful and had an integrated battery which lasted through the night when off grid. Kids used a small 12V fan plugged into the power output upstairs. It didn’t really move around much air but it was cooler up there and they seemed to adjust pretty well.

f613f64233cbdca1510e835aa6619dc6.jpg

Ok, I'm going to tell you a secret. But you have to promise it'll stay between the two of us :). It might just be a bit of your route, but i promise you it's worth it.

'Kokopelli Camping'. Tents only, but they do allow 2 small campervans. Lovely small orchard-style camping in 'the mountains'. Coincidentally owned by a lovely British couple. We ended up there during our 3-month trip through Europe and loved it. But please don't tell anyone!

Looks lovely! Thanks. I'll keep it just between the two of us. It's a bit off track for this trip, but ideal for another Italian adventure I'm sure!

We stayed a few nights at small campsite in Tuscany last summer, about 15 km west of Florence. Only around 15 pitches. Small swimming pool with great views. Vineyard on site. Owner has jumped out of aeroplanes over 7600 times! Perfect for exploring Tuscan towns. Loved it. One of those secrets you feel you shouldn’t tell other people about but do because the owner is such a legend.

It’s called Biological Winefarm Cipollatico or Argicampeggio Cipollatico.

GPS: N 43°40’50” E 11°06’41”

Absolutely ideal. Thanks for sharing the recommendation!