Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof box mounted flush

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I have found an interesting way of mounting a roof box to a California as flush as possible.
Thule bars mounted almost directly on the roof C-bars
More info here: http://www.caliboard.de/showthread.php?11647-Welche-Dachbox-habt-ihr/page4
i-m7ps3hs-L.jpg

i-vMhn5W3-L.jpg

i-CzHGDRw-L.jpg

I have that system on my T4.
Isn't that how it's supposed to be ?

I have not seen anyone here mount it without the Thule "Rack feets".

Thank you,

Do you need customize any parts or just remove the rack legs?

I have found an interesting way of mounting a roof box to a California as flush as possible.
Thule bars mounted almost directly on the roof C-bars
More info here: http://www.caliboard.de/showthread.php?11647-Welche-Dachbox-habt-ihr/page4
i-m7ps3hs-L.jpg

i-vMhn5W3-L.jpg

i-CzHGDRw-L.jpg

Hi Kave.

I like the way you have done this. I have some spare bars but it the "correct" feet and was about to buy some. However your solution is very neat.

Can you tell me which fixings you bought and where from? It looks like a Allen bolt and nut set up but if you found something you can advise it would be good to know.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Kave.

I like the way you have done this. I have some spare bars but it the "correct" feet and was about to buy some. However your solution is very neat.

Can you tell me which fixings you bought and where from? It looks like a Allen bolt and nut set up but if you found something you can advise it would be good to know.

Many thanks in advance.

Where did you get these parts from please?

IMG_8187.jpg

Not my solution but I will most certainly do the same with mine
The roofbox is a Thule Dyamic 900, it is now called Dynamic L.

My apologies for dragging up an old thread but am prepping for a year long run in the cali and my german is Nicht Ser Gut...has anyone else done this? I would love to hear about it and see if there are clever folks who have improved upon this idea.

My apologies for dragging up an old thread but am prepping for a year long run in the cali and my german is Nicht Ser Gut...has anyone else done this? I would love to hear about it and see if there are clever folks who have improved upon this idea.
What vehicle do you have? We then could answer the question

I used a roof box for our Scottish trip on a 3 seat Beach, not sure if you have a beach or a Ocean etc but for a beach we ditched it shortly after the trip.

Good thread here discussing the pros and cons.

Oops...of course I should have given more detail.

It's a t5 much like the ones in the images discussing flush mount. I really like the low profile of this solution.

I can’t help you with the roof box because during our year long run in our Cali (family of four plus dogs) everything, except bikes, went inside the van.
I have read your blog and refer to it as I am planning. Really appreciate the work you put into it. Very helpful.