Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof issue on2006 Cali

Mine is going in for an inspection this week - at the moment all I can see is one tiny bit of paint missing on the front panel. Strangely though I seem to be hoping that when the seal is removed from the elevating roof they find corrosion there as well!
Otherwise, unless I'm not understanding this correctly, I'm faced with the prospect of losing £4k as my main roof MIGHT corrode in the future????

still think asking a seller to take a £5000 hit on an 8 yr old + camper for what in the life of a campervan is predominately a cosmetic repair, is pushing your luck.
It does seem harsh but it has been created by VW's stance. A 6 year old van showing corrosion will be totally (and permanently fixed?) by VW so long as it is in the queue. A 6 year and 1 day old van won't be.
That difference alone (if sustained) will put the out of date vans at a huge handicap in the used market, so long as buyers are educated.

Amazing the last of the T4 westfalia California's are now potentially more expensive than the T5 I wonder now who is having the last laugh.
Yes I noticed that. Retail sales of late T4 pop top Westy's are asking £23k/£24k. That may not be bad news for owners of early (non roof repair qualifying Calis) as it makes their asking prices look very good value compared to the 13 year old T4s.

you have to remember the price effect of a "classic" - all old buses, even T4s, are actually rising in value..and the T4 Westy was a good model...plus it has cudos to many re Westy name and heritage..
so am not at all surprised to hear prices of T4 Westy going up...
would I buy a used Cali not covered by current VW roof warranty length or recommend a friend to? Much as I love the Cali model I think not. I would suggest looking at a s/h base commercial and using budget set aside to buy one and have it converted and stay with VW that way....

Back