Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof rails and cross bars for 2015 T6 California Ocean??

gt_63

gt_63

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I can’t find a thread that covers this exactly but apologise in advance if I’ve missed one ....

Am looking for roof rails and cross bars for my Cali (as above) but can’t find any options for the pop up roof and it’s integral guides. I keep coming across Transporter or Caravelle versions which will not fit into the groove system on my pop up roof
Can anyone offer any suggestions (apart from VWcostalotAccessories)

image.jpg

Thule do feet to fit those, available at Halfords. also Vw do a set of bars.

Thanks CD
These fit into a different roof groove (whatever it’s called). Does look like it’ll fit with the pop up roof groove
Also these are cross bars only. I’m looking for front to back bars with cross bars that then connect side to side
To carry ladders, surfboard, kayak - appreciate if need special fitting to hold these in but need the bars and rails first

Why do you need front to back bars? you just slide these crossbars to where you need them.

Well those rails without crossbars take 10KG of the 50Kg of you roof limit, put a couple of crossbars on & you won't be carrying much up there.

Apologies for dipping out of this conversation - had to apply my grey cell elsewhere for a while!

Do I take it the max recommended weight on the pop up roof with rails or bars is 50kg? (As per andyinluton thread #9)

I may have found a solution with adapting 3rd party rails for a T6 transporter and using the M6 bolts supplied to attach to some M6 T nuts in the t track system. Then thinking I’ll use the cross bars

At the moment I’m only thinking of putting a kayak and or a surfboard up there which isn’t going to add up to too much weight but need
it to be safe on the long journeys

Would meet my aesthetics needs but just seeking advise on the principle re weights and adaptation (please)

VW do not do front to back rails for the Cali Ocean pop up roof - have exhausted myself trying to ask!

8471BFED-419C-49A1-A026-BF1BA2157C83.pngC2B17660-1BBA-4ACC-9D95-A2E2FC638AC3.png

26A3CFCF-C8A6-4DF7-979C-DED5440477EB.png

If that theoretically works ..... has anyone got a cross sectional diagram of the t track system with measurements so I can source the right T nuts???

Back