Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof rails/Wardrobe shelves/Roof bed questions /MIDGEs

H

hoolabloom

Folks few questions about my Cali that i figure some of you maybe able to help with.

1. Have any of you fitted roof rails rather than using roofracks to go into the T tracks as such. I already have some roofracks that i uased on my old van with roof rails so wondered if anyone had gone down this route on their Calis?

2. The wardrobe storage is a frustration for me anyone sourced decent shelving solutions?

3. Finally Roofbed replacement matresses any tips/recommendations?

Oh and as a final one MIDGE proofing the roof vents all tips greatly accepted.

Cheers Dan

I can help you with a couple of these.

2. there are some shelve systems for sale in the shop, I see they are no longer listed though. I'll PM David.

3. Comfortz do a replacement roof mattress, I would suggest you try it for a few nights first before replacing. I find it great, more comfortable than my bed.
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=4508

Midge proofing the roof canvas vents was done by a member who posted details in this thread
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7000&p=65565

Well today i made my own shelves at a cost of £8 per shelve roughly. Transformed the wardrobe.

Think the next purchase is a comfortz matress and off to the top of Scotland to try it out.

Finally loving ma van after some initial teething issues.

Hi Hoolabloom - we're very interested in your shelves! Could you say how you made them? photos would be fab! Ta Ian

Right got a few pics. Made with 6mm ply of decent quality with aliminium edge strips bonded to it. Finished off by sanding then rubber anti slip material.

The fittings are standard shelve supports from B+Q 5mm drill into first skin of the wardrobe. Got to be careful here as its not very thick.

Overall i m happy with the fix.And now have loads of extra storage to boot.

14439494228_ce562d02ac_m.jpg

14625621662_e9a76eba74_m.jpg

14439448610_d816dfb5f2_m.jpg

14626098555_653d9f657a_m.jpg

Excellent job! Now where's my toolbox ....

Back