Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof raised indicator won't go off

P

Paul Merone 62

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi. Please help. When I lower the roof the indicator on the central panel continues to show the roof up symbol. I have checked there are no obstructions and visually the roof looks properly down. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi. Please help. When I lower the roof the indicator on the central panel continues to show the roof up symbol. I have checked there are no obstructions and visually the roof looks properly down. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Are you still under warranty or are you still a member of VW Assistance?

Have had this once. Just put it back up and down again. Would just be a sensor glitch. Rectified itself.

Have had this once. Just put it back up and down again. Would just be a sensor glitch. Rectified itself.
Or reset the CU to clear errors stored.

And always make sure you hold the up/down button until the pump stops making noises, do not release it when you think it is down/up completely, only when the system thinks so and stops. A common error. The last bit with the extra loud noise is when the lock is pushed in place.

Thanks for the advice. How do I reset the CU?

Or reset the CU to clear errors stored.

And always make sure you hold the up/down button until the pump stops making noises, do not release it when you think it is down/up completely, only when the system thinks so and stops. A common error. The last bit with the extra loud noise is when the lock is pushed in place.
Thanks. How do I reset the CU?

Thanks. How do I reset the CU?
Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Control Panel Off and wait 30 secs

Control Panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Try Roof/Heater or Fridge

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Control Panel Off and wait 30 secs

Control Panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Try Roof/Heater or Fridge
Thank you. I will give this a try.

Back