Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof doesn't come down.. URGENT !! :(

A

Alexander mol

Hi,

My roof doesn't come down because my batteries are empty..
I have my volkswagen california for 1 week now and didn't
Know if my fridge was on while driving that the alternator couldn't
Catchup..

He's now in the charger but my roof still doesn't come down, what should i do?
How long does it take to fully charge or enough to lower my roof.. So i can drive home..:(

Now i'm stuck here and i have to go to work tomorrow..

PLEASE HELP ME.. Thanks in advance

greets Alexander

Once you have enough charge to start the engine, leave the engine running and then you should be able to lower the roof.

Hi
If the two things are connected, it should only take a few hours to get enough juice in th battery to drop the roof. I assume you have the bus plugged into the mains to charge the leisure battery, not just a charger on the vehicle battery?

If you need to, you can drop the roof manually by accessing behind the over-head control manel to get at the toggle thing. Details should be in your manual - good luck!

Andy

Hi, thanks for the quick respons :) !!

Yes de van is charging with de plug on the outside of the van.

Can you explain were the manual thingy to lower the roof is on the van, really need
To go to sleep haha..

The manual is at home and i'm with friends now..

Thank you so much

Greets Alexander

Hopefully you will need it but there is a copy of the manual in the download section.

What percentage is the leisure battery upto on the control panel? Are you able to start the engine?

My engine is now running and de power is still in the charger on the outside of my van..
And i don't see the percentages of my extra batteries.. Still the rood doesn't come down.. Been charging for 1 hour now.. :(

It's a california from 2006.. Maybe that makes a difference? Does somebody has a pictur of how the manual thingy looks like? Thanks

My battery level is now at 40 procent and still the roof doesn't come down.. Is this normal?

Thanks & greets Alexander

Morning

Did you get sorted?

The manual lowering toggle / switch is located behind the LCD display panel. You need to carefully get something flat behind to prise it out and from memory it it a large screw headed type release that you turn to drop the roof then return to hold it. You may need the accessory strap to hold the roof down?

Good luck

I did dont know either, that if the fridge ran whilst driving the batteries got depleted!

Is this really the case ?
Has anything changed on newer models?

Good morning,

Thanks everyone for your response but unfortunatly i had to leave my van
With my friends last night.. The roof is still up..
Tonight i'm first gonna reset de lcd panel by pressinf de lower
Right knob in for 5 sec ( if i'm right? ) then i'm gonna check the if the fuse doesn't need
To be replaced.. And then i'm gonna try to lower it manually..
But what is that accesory strap you need if you lower
It manually? Is that nessasary?

Thanks everyone

greets Alexander

Alexander mol said:
Good morning,

Thanks everyone for your response but unfortunatly i had to leave my van
With my friends last night.. The roof is still up..
Tonight i'm first gonna reset de lcd panel by pressinf de lower
Right knob in for 5 sec ( if i'm right? ) then i'm gonna check the if the fuse doesn't need
To be replaced.. And then i'm gonna try to lower it manually..
But what is that accesory strap you need if you lower
It manually? Is that nessasary?

Thanks everyone

greets Alexander

Have a hunt around for a black stap in the bus - it would have been supplied with one when new. I can't for the life of me recall where it attaches but it will be in the manual.

Hope the reset works - but keep us posted how you get on.

Alexander you know it is Friday 13th :smile :headbang

I have not thought about the power for the roof before always thought as it was forward of the drivers seats it was powered from the engine battery.

Iwould call out VW assist for help esp as you are saying your van was only picked up a week ago.

SO IF THE VAN IS RUNNING (ie jump started) then if there is no fault should the roof come down ? :?: That is what I would have expected would be intrested to know.

So is it down or still stuck in the up possition it would be nice to here the outcome

Back