Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Seals

A

AndyClarke123

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My cali seems to have sprung a bit of a leak at the front left hand corner ( above the passenger) After looking at it i think the rubber on the seal is perishing - couple of questions - is there a product i can use as temporary measure and also can anyone recomend a place who could for new seals preferably in Sussex / SE area?

My cali seems to have sprung a bit of a leak at the front left hand corner ( above the passenger) After looking at it i think the rubber on the seal is perishing - couple of questions - is there a product i can use as temporary measure and also can anyone recomend a place who could for new seals preferably in Sussex / SE area?
You have checked that the front roof drain is doing its job?

Blocked drain pipe?

Welcome Andy,

The roof seal doesn’t actually stop water from passing by !
it limits the amount of water entering the space under the roof whilst the roof is down.
There are four roof drains, two front and two rear that deal with the bypass water That is able to get under the seal.
if the roof drains are block water cannot escape the channels in the roof body work That are designed to trap and route water into the four drains.
Consequently water will find its way into the vehicle.
there is a plethora of info on the site regarding blocked roof drains and water leaks particularly from front.
have a search (spy glass top right) and post if you need more help.

PS do not poke anything into the drains !