Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof sensor failure

P

PETCHA

Hi. The roof open beeping alarm in our 2012 California has recently started to go off even though the roof is fully down. Particularly happens when we drive off and is very distracting. I gather it may be that the sensors are corroded and need replacing. I don’t feel confident to do that myself and from previous experience don’t particularly trust the local vw van centre to solve it. Does anyone know of a good vw van auto electrician who could help in the east, ideally Norfolk / Suffolk. Thanks

I took my van to a great auto electrician in South London today. I just found them on Google.

This looks good
Fakenham Auto Electrical
https://g.co/kgs/pvrmHQU

Hi. The roof open beeping alarm in our 2012 California has recently started to go off even though the roof is fully down. Particularly happens when we drive off and is very distracting. I gather it may be that the sensors are corroded and need replacing. I don’t feel confident to do that myself and from previous experience don’t particularly trust the local vw van centre to solve it. Does anyone know of a good vw van auto electrician who could help in the east, ideally Norfolk / Suffolk. Thanks
Hi,
I have a 2013 California and have recently had the same problem. I asked a couple of local garages about fixing it but they both said I was better off taking it to a VW dealership. It was expensive but the whole harness has been replaced it’s now fixed.

Last edited:

If you find an auto electrician, show them these instructions and buy the sensors yourself - part number - and where to get them - listed here.

Back